I have been following leads on how to close running apps. Until now, the ONLY effective suggestions are 1) go to application and end from within application, 2) reset your device (pull battery, but backup is still active).

BUT.... on most apps these solutions do NOT work, they just keep running in the background - pgms vary from 3rd party applications like Google, Mobipocket Reader, SmrtGuard to BB apps (yes, there are 5 basic ones that you cannot kill, but there are more)

Any suggestions on new developments that indicate REAL app killers?

Thanks
    01-06-11 05:44 AM
    Hold in the bb button for the app switcher and it will show you what apps are running then just close the ones that aren't ment to be...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-11 07:21 AM
    As was stated before, Home, BBM, Phone and Messages will always show up in the application switcher. It's always been like that and you can't change it.

However, Mobipocket Reader can be completely closed out: open up Mobipocket, press shift, then Q. This will close out Mobipocket and it won't be running in the background. Also, after a battery pull, Mobipocket automatically reloads in the background when the BB reboots, so you'll have to close it out again after any battery pull. I don't know why it's set up this way. It's kind of annoying, but I like Mobipocket so I deal with it.

I don't use Smartguard, but I've never had a problem closing any apps by either going into the menu and clicking "close" or just by pressing the escape key until it closes out (but pressing the End key does not close an app, it just minimizes it).

soarianto likes this.
    01-06-11 03:08 PM
    I never really have a problem with running out of memory, it seems like i always have over 200 free. i have a bunch of apps running, Facebook, Foursquare, Google Talk, MSN Messenger. Anyone really run out of memory?
    01-06-11 07:11 PM
    I never really have a problem with running out of memory, it seems like i always have over 200 free. i have a bunch of apps running, Facebook, Foursquare, Google Talk, MSN Messenger. Anyone really run out of memory?
    Think I only have about 40mb left cause of upgrading to os6

01-07-11 08:11 AM
    Thats one reason i went back to OS 5
    01-07-11 11:23 AM
    I have 260 mb after getting os6.try shrimking the size.

01-07-11 10:12 PM
    pennyhorse, thanks for the mobipocket hint, works OK

SmrtGuard and WheresMyPhone are thirdparty apps that don't close whatever you try

Stackberry369 can you be more specific? Where did you get the 6.0 upgrade and how to shrink size? Thanks
    01-08-11 07:43 AM
    Yeah how do uou shrink the size? Sorry not really tech savvy at these things

01-08-11 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD