Is there a simple way to do this?

Rather than go to each one and close it one at a time?
    08-31-09 03:59 PM
    Battery pull.

Honestly, though, I don't think there's a way you can do that, unless there's a 3rd party app out there somewhere...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 04:04 PM
    hey if you do just a standard battery pull the processer still holds a charge so instead of standard battery pull when you pop the battery out hold the power key for 45 seconds and then put the battery back in and power it up you will know you did it right if the phone takes longer then usual to bootup
    08-31-09 04:26 PM
    That is one of the biggest things I miss from my old Windows Mobile Phone. With a WM device you could close all apps at once, freeing up memory. However, as of yet, BB does not have a way to do that, that I could find anyway.
    I use QuickPull. That reboots the phone, and takes time rebooting just like a regular battery pull, but you can also schedule it, etc.
    08-31-09 05:12 PM
    For Me I use Two Apps, both because of auto scheduling...

QuickPullPro
    MeterBerry

Quickpull is set to reboot at 8AM
    Meterberry at 4PM

Phoen works great this way, its allways fresh throughout the day.
    08-31-09 05:22 PM
    On my BB 8310 U can hit left alt, right shift and delete key which reboots the BB I assumed that this was same as pulling the batt.
    09-13-09 09:34 PM
    There's really no way to close all apps at one time!
    09-13-09 09:41 PM
    Any programs that will just close an app if its idle/open for an amount of time?
    09-13-09 09:43 PM
    There's really no way to close all apps at one time!
    uuuugggghhhh that would have been useful tho.
    09-13-09 09:52 PM
    hey if you do just a standard battery pull the processer still holds a charge so instead of standard battery pull when you pop the battery out hold the power key for 45 seconds and then put the battery back in and power it up you will know you did it right if the phone takes longer then usual to bootup
    By the way, I don't believe this is accurate at all. (Re holding the power key)

The constantly referred-to battery pull means to do so with the phone fully on. If you do so it reboots your phone. Period.

The only debate is for how long to wait before replacing the battery. Some say it doesn't matter while most say somewhere in the range of 30-60 seconds. In the absence of any good info stating otherwise, I usually just give it 60 seconds. Better safe than sorry!

09-14-09 03:32 AM
    For Me I use Two Apps, both because of auto scheduling...

QuickPullPro
    MeterBerry

Quickpull is set to reboot at 8AM
    Meterberry at 4PM

Phoen works great this way, its allways fresh throughout the day.
    Why would you have to do 2 battery pulls a day? I can see if you have a BB with little memory, but the tour should be fine.
    09-14-09 06:15 AM
    Why would you have to do 2 battery pulls a day? I can see if you have a BB with little memory, but the tour should be fine.
    My reasoning behind it is that i have 2 apps that i bought for diff reasons, Quickpull for battery pull, Meterberry for the stats. However MeterBerry has battery pull option too might as well use it....

But honestly i rarely ever catch my BB rebooting (I picked times thats im usually too bussy to need my BB) so if i already have programs to do it why not?
    09-14-09 07:05 AM
    My reasoning behind it is that i have 2 apps that i bought for diff reasons, Quickpull for battery pull, Meterberry for the stats. However MeterBerry has battery pull option too might as well use it....

But honestly i rarely ever catch my BB rebooting (I picked times thats im usually too bussy to need my BB) so if i already have programs to do it why not?
    I can completely relate to the 'doing it because I can' mentality.
    09-14-09 07:19 AM
    On my BB 8310 U can hit left alt, right shift and delete key which reboots the BB I assumed that this was same as pulling the batt.
    This works on the Tour also. Just tried it.
    09-14-09 07:40 AM
    Hey do some of you have a right ALT?
    I'm just kidding�

Back to OT, does anyone know of such an App-management App?
    I'm pretty sure the OP was looking to save time not wait 6 mins while his Tour reboots.

09-14-09 03:21 PM
    Maybe just close out of apps properly when ur done using them one by one....
    I never leave apps open, it burns the battery too quick.
    09-14-09 03:26 PM
    I'm the same too, this thread just got me curious I guess�
    might be nice after some busy multi-tasking to be able to close multiple Apps in a hurry, but most of the time holding down ESC does the trick!

09-14-09 03:33 PM
    ive tried closing the programs "the long way" after each and every use of em and i still get the same message when i try to use my camera. i tried the 45 second "battery pull" and the reboot time was the same as a normal reboot when i pull batt and replace it instantly. im wondering if maybe the message is a glitch? im afraid of using the quick pull app where it might make things worse?

also have a problem where i lost volume when im listening to the person on the other line. used to have excellent volume levels and then suddenly they dropped. i changed the settings, used "enhancers" and nuttin makes it work. i heard wiping the fone and reloading everything fixes it but i dont kno how to do that properly so i dont lose my connection wit verizon, etc. any advice?
    09-14-09 06:11 PM
    Options>security>blackberry button>wipe handheld. You still have all the infornation you need on your verizon account so the phone will be automatically be provisioned.

09-15-09 07:43 AM
    how do u close apps to keep it from running in the background? i guess thats my reason why my battery gets low so quick
    09-15-09 10:06 PM
    By the way, I don't believe this is accurate at all. (Re holding the power key)

The constantly referred-to battery pull means to do so with the phone fully on. If you do so it reboots your phone. Period.

The only debate is for how long to wait before replacing the battery. Some say it doesn't matter while most say somewhere in the range of 30-60 seconds. In the absence of any good info stating otherwise, I usually just give it 60 seconds. Better safe than sorry!

Why not just use QuickPull??
    09-15-09 10:11 PM
    how do u close apps to keep it from running in the background? i guess thats my reason why my battery gets low so quick
    Hit the BB button then go to close or exit. That's when you have the app running. So, when the app is up instead of hitting end or back hit BB button then scroll to exit or close.
    09-15-09 10:13 PM
    Why not just use QuickPull??
    I do!

I was just responding to that poster's strange battery pull advice re holding down the power button during the pull.
    09-15-09 10:32 PM
    Hit the BB button then go to close or exit. That's when you have the app running. So, when the app is up instead of hitting end or back hit BB button then scroll to exit or close.
    Holding down ESC works for most Apps.

For some Apps (such as App World and Pageonce's Personal Assistant off the top of my head), holding down ESC exits if you're on the main screen/menu. Otherwise holding it down only works the same as pressing it if you're a few pages in.

If you prefer the route of selecting Close/Exit, here's a shortcut. Press MENU the press C for Close instead of scrolling. If there are more than one choice starting with C (or E for Exit respectively), keeping pressing C until Close is highlighted. Selct by clicking MENU again, ENTER, or the trackball.

(This works for all Menu choices by the way.
    i.e. O for Options, etc)

On 4.6-4.7 devices, hold down MENU from any screen to open the App Switcher. This displays all open Apps.
    NOTE: 5 Apps are always open: Home Screen, Browser, BBM, Messages, and Phone.
    09-15-09 10:40 PM
    The bottom line is - it makes sense to have an app that closes all open apps. As you want to keep all your apps closed - for longer battery life, and a peppier phone.

I do usually close my apps the right way - but sometimes a call comes in - or you bounce around for some reason and forget.

Also - I don't understand why anyone needs the batterypull software - as you can hit 3 buttons to make it reboot. And you can set your phone to turn the radio off at specific times - so you basically can do what that program does w/o having to install another app.
    10-14-09 01:42 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD