is there a app, free or not, that would close all my running apps at once without shutting down the phone? i forget sometimes that i'm just "pausing" the app instead of actually closing it.

thanks guys
    04-29-10 02:51 PM
    I want this!
    I don't know of one personally, but if there is one (or could be one), it would be a GOLD MINE!

I don't think it is possible though because all applications are independent, and "sheathed" by each individual developer. This is why you see the different/alternative options in the menu when you are in a specific program. Even if you set all permissions to "allow" for apps to exchange data and such, I don't know if a single command could access the shut down feature of other applications. Someone let me know if I am incorrect please.

I do know that you can have applications which turn other applications ON at start-up though.

ShaoSoft - Blackberry Software - Products
    04-29-10 03:07 PM
    I dont think there an app to do that.

In my knowledge the battery pull is the only way to close everything in one shot. I took the habitude to close my apps everytime with the escape key...
    04-29-10 03:10 PM
    thanks for the feedback, if you hear anything, let me know
    04-30-10 12:43 PM
    I just use the escape key myself. Unless I'm doing some multitasking I will never have more ran one app open at a time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 01:00 PM
    There's an app called Task Manager that does exactly this. Love it!
    04-30-10 01:23 PM
    I was so excited when I heard this, but I believe you may be mistaken...

I have searched for this throughout Appworld and there are only 3 results having that name in it.
    1) BlackBerry App World - TaskMaster

This one is an exact match with the name you provided, but is only a "task" manager, as in "getting things done".

2) BlackBerry App World - PB TaskManager - keep your phone faster

This one is just a memory monitor, with a QuickPull type function.

3) BlackBerry App World - Task Manager and Process Viewer

This one would be the one I would think you were referring to, but it clearly states what I said in my first post. It cannot be done via a single third party application, and apps must be closed manually. So it basically a viewer of processes.

See below:
    "Please note, Killing a process on BlackBerry is technically not possible, RIM does not provides an API for this because of security reasons. The application will show you what all hidden background processes are running - you may manually close these processes."

If I am incorrect, could you please provide a valid link?
    04-30-10 01:55 PM
    I normally just do the keyboard "battery pull" shortcut. Hold alt, press the right shift key and delete. This will restart your phone just like a battery pull.
    04-30-10 02:20 PM
    While multi-tasking, the OP is asking for a third party application that can shut down any/all other third party applications in one shot without shutting the device down.
    04-30-10 02:34 PM
    like a task manager?
    04-30-10 02:36 PM
    Please note, Killing a process on BlackBerry is technically not possible, RIM does not provides an API for this because of security reasons. The application will show you what all hidden background processes are running - you may manually close these processes.
    Via a task manager page
    04-30-10 02:42 PM
    I always press blackberry button, scroll down to 'close', to exit apps. You are not really exiting apps by pressing back button, to the best of my knowledge.
    04-30-10 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD