I asked this before but I think my question was not clear enough to get a proper response:

Let say I have only 3 clients and each client have 5 employees I have to deal with. Each employee have a phone extension, a direct line, an email address and an occupation. To set this up in the default contact list of my BB I have to create 3 x 5 entries = 15 entries for the same client!

This is not smart. Better would be if I had another table linked to the contact list with the employees from my contacts. This way I search for the contact I'm looking for, select it and look up the employees from this client.

My question: Is there such app available?
    Last edited by Daruba; 04-02-10 at 11:32 PM.
    04-02-10 11:14 PM
    I think I understand what you mean, but hear this. I have many vendors that deal with either subcontractors or employees. When I create a contact with a vendor that has multiple individuals/contacts, I just scroll down to the bottom of the list, under "birthdays' and that info for the additional contacts. Under the web page section> Users 1-4 is were I put the number or in notes section. Then that user is now a phone number.
    04-02-10 11:24 PM
    Thanks for the tip JBDALE.

No, that solution is too messy and certainly not sufficient. I would be if I needed only store some additional phone numbers...
    04-02-10 11:31 PM
    do a search with the term CONTACT. there are some free and paid apps that might work.
    04-03-10 09:30 AM
    do a search with the term CONTACT. there are some free and paid apps that might work.
    Been there, done that. Nothing I found seem to be able the thing I want.

I'm sure there must be such an app but not found in the CB app store or BB app world.

Thank anyway dkingsf.
    04-03-10 09:41 AM
    I guesse you could create a filter based on the company itself then create each contact for the individual employee. Would simulate what your looking for I think. At least be a bit cleaner. Oh and free as well.
    04-03-10 09:58 AM
    I guesse you could create a filter based on the company itself then create each contact for the individual employee. Would simulate what your looking for I think. At least be a bit cleaner. Oh and free as well.

Yes I could...

Understand that I have almost 1700 individual contacts on my BB and I would end up with about 5000 contacts!

Knowing how the filter works...
    04-03-10 01:16 PM
    several ways to do this

assuming you have the 'Client' name in the company field you can just start typing the clients name in the search box and it brings them all up.

option 2 you can use the 'category' field and type the 'client' name in there so then you can use the filter function easily that way.

Im not sure why you are making this complicated.
    04-03-10 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD