BB need to get on the ball. Went to my bank today to deposit a check and the teller tells me if I had an Iphone or Droid I could take a picture with my camera of both sides of the check and made a deposit saving me a trip to the bank. What's the deal BB your slipping.
    12-30-10 04:50 PM
    Why not just get direct deposit?don't blame RIM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-10 05:12 PM
    BB need to get on the ball. Went to my bank today to deposit a check and the teller tells me if I had an Iphone or Droid I could take a picture with my camera of both sides of the check and made a deposit saving me a trip to the bank. What's the deal BB your slipping.
    they have that, it was on the front page about 2-3 weeks ago i forget what's it called, and it depends if your bank allows it (by the sound of it your bank would)

see here
    Mobile check capture for BlackBerry coming soon to a bank near you | CrackBerry.com

and
    here
    http://wallstreetandtech.com/articles/228800127
    Last edited by Habs_fan; 12-30-10 at 05:21 PM.
    12-30-10 05:15 PM
    wow! this sounds like a really useful app! I'd deffinately be interested in using this on my bb, as long as my bank was participating.
    12-30-10 07:01 PM
    Wow! Sounds interesting.
    12-30-10 07:30 PM
    yea i was gonna say bb has this app, it all just depends on what bank you use, so dont blame bb, blame your bank.
    12-30-10 07:31 PM
    It will be awesome when it becomes available on the BB
    12-30-10 07:34 PM
    This does not come close to rising to a "must have" level.

Even from a business standpoint I can't see this as being practical (we use a similar albeit PC based system at work.) From a personal standpoint it just seems yet another ridiculous solution in search of a problem.
    syb0rg likes this.
    12-30-10 07:44 PM
    For sure not a MUST have, but it would be a nice feature! I contacted my bank and they haven't even made one for the iphones. So just call your bank and keep asking for the BB app. It sounds great!
    12-30-10 07:52 PM
    MY bank can't get my account straight now, then I want to add "photographed in cyberspace" checks? Yikes!!!!
    12-30-10 08:03 PM
    MY bank can't get my account straight now, then I want to add "photographed in cyberspace" checks? Yikes!!!!
    My thoughts exactly.
    12-30-10 10:33 PM
    Actually I used the Android app to deposit a check on Christmas Eve night and the money appeared almost instantly after I did it.

This works wonders when the bank is closed and you want the money in the bank, ASAP, or when you don't feel like wasting gas and/or time driving to the bank.

Most banks have an Official Android App - most of the bigger ones, at least.
    12-30-10 10:45 PM
    What country's that in? Never heard of it in Australia... one more reason -1 to BlackBerry and a big fat +1 to Apple/HTC.
    12-31-10 03:16 AM
    I'm in the USA.

The Android App isn't Manufacturer/device specific, unless you own a phone without a camera (not sure if that's possible these days :P).
    12-31-10 04:59 AM
    What country's that in? Never heard of it in Australia... one more reason -1 to BlackBerry and a big fat +1 to Apple/HTC.
    how is it blackberry's fault? the app is out there! it's up to YOUR bank to support it or not!
    12-31-10 06:46 AM
    thanks guys I do have direct deposit, but I also have a small business that people pay me with personal checks alot of the time. Does anyone know the name of the app.? At this point I don't think Chase or BofA support BB apps.
    12-31-10 07:48 AM
    Hey guys, I know this is a cool and convenient app for the consumer, but as the resident banker, I just want to jump in and say that this really scary for banks. Fraudulent items are frequently found by the feel of the paper, many times a teller needs to call the account holder to verify that the check was drawn by them, and what is prevent the check holder from depositing that item a second time? Even if it's not deposited at the same bank both times, you can easily take it to a different institution for deposit or cashing.

While the institution that I work at knows we'll have to do this in the near future to be competitive, there are still a lot of questions we need answers to and much research to be done. Please be patient with your banks as they get this in place.

If you have questions, feel free to pm me.
    12-31-10 11:12 AM
    Chase is going to launch this app for the BlackBerry in 2011
    12-31-10 12:15 PM
    thanks guys I do have direct deposit, but I also have a small business that people pay me with personal checks alot of the time. Does anyone know the name of the app.? At this point I don't think Chase or BofA support BB apps.
    Did you not read any of the two links I posted?
    Pretty sure the name is in there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-10 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD