Hey guys just trying out this new app that allows cheaper international calls. U can find it truphone.com. Cheers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-08 04:30 PM
    I've been waiting for this on BB ...

I used to use it on my S60 Nokia
    10-28-08 04:29 AM
    This is my first time usin this. I'm just wondering how it works. Do I just make the call like any other phone call and the app works by itself?

10-28-08 04:55 AM
    Thanx for letting us know. Too bad I don't have anyone to call internationally anymore, like in the Philippines. Boy do I miss that place!!

10-28-08 05:11 AM
    This will be perfect for me, my fiancee is in europe and it costs 1.30 a min to call... Gonna check it out, thanks

10-28-08 05:13 AM
    Can the mods delete this thread. I just found out there is a forum dedicated to 3rd party apps. Figured i post there instead.
    10-28-08 03:14 PM
    Rather than delete it, since you have responses, I will move it to the 3rd party forum.
    10-28-08 04:52 PM
    Anyone else able to get this working on Bell?

I have a Curve 8330 and everytime I hit the last step after creating my account I get this error flag:
    'Uncaughtexception:net.rim.device.api.system.Unsup portedOperationException'

I've tried battery pulls and even wiped my device and still no luck. I've sent a message to [email protected]

Any suggestions would be great
    10-28-08 10:32 PM
    I just tried to download it and it sent me a link for a Nokia phone. M<aybe it's cuz its only a beta for the BlackBerry and I live in Europe.
    10-29-08 03:00 AM
    i cant get the beta because im in South Africa !
    10-29-08 04:07 AM
    Perhaps there is a violation of regulations if they are allowed to be used in Europe or Africa. That is quite surprising cause i am living in Asia and im using it.
    10-29-08 03:05 PM
    I can't seem to install truphone on my new BB storm. I can't select the box that needs to be 'ticked' accepting the terms and conditions... Anyone else have problems/solution to this?
    12-29-08 11:03 AM
    Hi Nick,

I have the same problem. Called the Truphone support desk and they confirmed it's not compativble with the Storm. Asked whe they will be releasing a version which is compatible with the 9500 and they said they are working on it but no date yet.

If anyone spots a Truphone release which is 9500 compatible will you post it up so we can all download it, even a beta would do!!
    01-26-09 07:24 AM
    I was just reading the BB info for truphone and it looks very useful for calls to Pakistan (unlimited calls for $40/month is...well...way less than my wife is spending today ).

I didn't see anywhere where it talked about a "family plan" or installing on multiple phones (we both have BBs). Does anyone know if it's possible, or if we'd have to create two separate accounts?
    04-06-09 06:21 PM
    I just tried to download it and it sent me a link for a Nokia phone. M<aybe it's cuz its only a beta for the BlackBerry and I live in Europe.
    Just noticed the same issue. The workaround is to set your Blackberry browser setting from Internet Explorer to Blackberry browser. The weblink noticed what browser you are using and hence forwards you to non-blackberry if you dont have the native BB browser set as defult.

What happens next.. Not sure..!! Just downloading right now. I have a Storm 9530 BTW.
    06-01-09 11:07 PM
    Hi all,

I downloaded Truphone for my 9500 Storm last week. I can go through the set up, receive an inbound test call from them, input my 4 digit code and then get a message that my account has been set up and I'll recive confirmation of my account information by email but I never do so I'm stuck in Limbo and everytime I boot the device Truphone kicks in and wants to do another setup.

Has anyone got this working with a 9500 Storm yet? If not is there a similar app out there which will enable cheap VOIP calls???

Regards,

Ben
    11-04-09 04:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD