So if you havent noticed yet, Chat for Facebook is now free on AppWorld. The only problem is that when I installed the app, I then ran the app, and asked me to login. I put my username in, but there was no option to save the text in the text box. Same thing with the password. (Like you click the textbox and it takes you to enter your username or password, but theres no okay button or anything). I then tried the alternative login, and said Internal Server Error. Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks
    12-26-10 01:28 PM
    I had the same problem with the login and solved it that way

Do a battery pull and after that try to login in again. After typing in your mail adress psuh the bbkey an there should be the option to save. Just the same with password

Hope it helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-10 08:24 AM
    If you use AIM, you can link FB chat to AIM as well, and kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
    12-27-10 01:32 PM
    If you use AIM, you can link FB chat to AIM as well, and kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
    Can you do that with RIMs AIM client?

12-27-10 02:48 PM
    That would be awesome! Can you really do that on rim's aim? This was always a cool feature of the iphone that I didn't think was possible on a blackberry.
    12-27-10 03:06 PM
    Tried to download this version but it says that the page has an error.
    I downloaded this with my BB and it works. I am having issues with logging in though. I already have a username that I created a while back. But every time I try to log in, it gives me an error.
    12-28-10 11:03 AM
    Nvm. I take that back. All I needed was a battery pull. Thanks for the OTA link DawgMan.
    12-28-10 11:06 AM
    Nvm. I take that back. All I needed was a battery pull. Thanks for the OTA link DawgMan.
    Working now for me too! Thanks for the link DawgMan!
    12-28-10 05:54 PM
    UPDATE: The AIM app that comes with the BB isn't an AOL one, but RIM. I just went on AppWorld and noticed there is an AOL AIM app that says it supports Facebook, among other social networks. I will try it and report back ASAP.

UPDATE 2: YEP! The official AIM app works with FB integration too. YES! I will test it out and see how it goes.
    Last edited by Capitan Totti; 12-28-10 at 07:39 PM.
    12-28-10 05:56 PM
    Do you need to have the Facebook app installed to install and use the FB Chat app?

I use the mobile FB site but wouldn't mind just having the chat app.

12-28-10 06:20 PM
    Do you need to have the Facebook app installed to install and use the FB Chat app?

I use the mobile FB site but wouldn't mind just having the chat app.

No they are separate apps.
    12-28-10 07:34 PM
    Thanks. Just downloaded it.

12-28-10 07:36 PM
    You don't need to have the Facebook for BlackBerry app installed to use ANY FB Chat app (at least as far as I know)

Also, AOL/AIM recently released their own client (seperate from the AOL Instant Messenger app RIM developed) and you can check it out and or download it from App World at this link --> BlackBerry App World - AIM <-- It is FREE and supports Facebook Chat! In order to use FB Chat tho, you need to enable Facebook in your "Live Stream" and you don't have to have AIM installed on your computer to do it. You can enable from the web application as well (on a computer).

12-28-10 07:36 PM
    So is it like Google Talk? Just runs in the background and pushes messages? So far it looks nice.

Also does an icon appear when a new message is received? I don't want a sound or vibrate or anything to pop up over the screen. I like subtle indicators like the LED. I don't see an option to have LED alert.

Last edited by chrisy520; 12-28-10 at 07:43 PM.
    12-28-10 07:38 PM
    I am not sure but all messengers do show an LED sign. Also check the settings in the app itself. I checked them and among others it gives you the option to enable sounds.
    12-28-10 07:46 PM
    Yes. I see the options for Sound, Vibrate or Pop Up. No LED setting within or without app. Crum.

12-28-10 07:48 PM
    Well I just checked the options/settings in the other messengers apps such as Yahoo or MSN, which I know for a fact show an LED and the LED option itself isn't there in both. I am pretty sure it does show an LED sign, if anything try it with some friends.
    12-28-10 07:55 PM
    I will. It's too late to chat now!

12-28-10 08:02 PM
    These facebook chat programs look kinda ugly in design. I hope they fix that :P They can still keep the facebook color scheme, just change it to make it not so... disorganized looking.
    12-28-10 09:23 PM
    Hate the fact it literally loads all ur offline contacts

12-28-10 10:31 PM
    Does it matter?

Well, as far as LED. I tested it, it is quite weird. If you have it set to play incoming sounds, it will LED but for a long while and only if you go back with the arrow. If you click the RED exit button, you won't see any notifications. If you click the back button, you will also get inbox notifications which will dissapear once checked.... If you take the sound off.. the LED dissapears.

So, I think the best for you is to modify the profile settings, I guess. Still, I don;t know why it blinks so many times.
    12-29-10 12:38 AM
    Is that a trial version or the "full" version of chat for facebook pro?
    12-29-10 08:11 PM
    So I did a battery pull and the app didnt work. So I tried the chat for facebook pro, but that didnt work either (got an error in that(Error starting FacebookChatPro: Module 'net_rim_bbapi_messagelist' not found)). Maybe cuz its an old device (curve 8310)?? Thanks for the tips though. Appreciate all your help
    12-29-10 08:28 PM
    So I did a battery pull and the app didnt work. So I tried the chat for facebook pro, but that didnt work either (got an error in that(Error starting FacebookChatPro: Module 'net_rim_bbapi_messagelist' not found)). Maybe cuz its an old device (curve 8310)?? Thanks for the tips though. Appreciate all your help
    I'm not positive, but it may not be supported by an older OS. Sorry...
    12-29-10 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD