07-14-09 05:38 PM
31 12
tools
    Corinne,

Did you ever figure out a way to get the LED to turn off (with the native SMS LED profile setting already turned to off, but with 3jam's profile setting turned on)?

I'm trying to like this product so much...but having to disable the LED flash on both SMS and 3jam, so that you never see a flash, might be a deal breaker for me. I like to take my phone out of my pocket and just check to see if the LED is flashing.

I doubt installing any of the sms pop-up applications will do the trick because of my native SMS app being firewalled.

Did you ever try bbtext2im?

Even without the LED I may keep the app just because I love hitting the convenience key for it and seeing all of my regular text contacts and having the entire conversation within each thread always there.

Another annoyance for me is having to click twice on certain things. For example, say I wanted to open "Joe's" thread. If I click on it, it will bring up a bunch of options. Most of the time I will just want to open the thread, so it'd be nice if I could just click on the contact and have it automatically open the thread (and they could keep all of the other options alive by highlighting the contact and then hitting the BB button).

Lastly, when I went to the pricing change link you posted, one of the things the admin said did not make a lot of sense to me. They said:

"This pricing change applies only to group messages sent using the 3jam blackberry threaded SMS app (i.e. if the box is checked that says 'send using 3jam')."

I've never seen a box that says "send using 3jam," have you? For now I'll just refrain from sending group messages, but I found that odd.
    07-08-09 06:31 PM
    1. Nope.
    2. Yes, but not for very long. It's quite possible that they'll suffer from the same issues.
    3. Not sure what you mean. Are you talking about hitting the blackberry key? If so'ist click with the trackball.
    4. Yes I have, and if I wasn't stick on the bus, I'd show a screencap. Are you sure you have the latest version of the app installed?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-09 09:59 PM
    Which blackberry do you have?

07-08-09 10:00 PM
    Which blackberry do you have?

I have the storm and I have the latest version of the app. I think I figured out what she was saying, though not those specific words, I saw an "add to 3jam" box or something like that.

By the way, I tried bbtext2im and I liked it. I couldn't figure out how to make any alerts work for it (even though it had its own settings...whatever I set it to, nothing). Also, when a new message was received (silent/no vibrate or tone/no LED), it was just that I had a new message - it did not have the sender or the text of the most recent message as a preview like 3jam does.

I'd like LED notifications, but now that I've had a taste of threaded sms (which I still miss from my palm days), I think I'll have to keep it. There's a lot right with 3jam's app, and some wrong. I wish they'd fix the easy problems, though.
    07-08-09 11:11 PM
    Bump.

Anything new?
    07-13-09 08:09 PM
    ETA: The price additions only apply for the blackberry app if you're using it to send group messages (something they did not add in the email I pasted below).

Posting this again because I posted in the wrong forum:

I want to advise about buying this app.

It works ok (although there are certain issues and I've never had any response from the admins when seeking help), but I just got an email this morning:

I understand that they've got financial issues to consider, but I wanted to warn people before they purchase the app since I didn't see this notice when I checked on their website this morning.

If the cost is no issue, go ahead, but I personally am already paying extra for unlimited text from Tmo, so I have no desire to pay more just to text with a (mostly)threaded sms app.

And, had I known they would institute charges, I wouldn't have bought the app a month ago.

BBText2IM is apparently another option, but I'm just going to wait for 5.0.
    You ARE aware that the e-mail that you got was in reference to the 3jam SuperText product, the one that let's you send SMS texts from your computer, correct?

Aside from the registration fee for the SMS threader ($20 I think?), there are no charges associated with the app.
    07-14-09 05:38 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD