Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I have seen where some applications require you to change your application permissions to "Allow" then save this as your default, which I assume changes the permissions for everything. Is this a bad idea? I'm not sure exactly what all the permissions are, so I try not to mess with them.

Oh... just seen a post about Google Sync and Apps not working.... it does work on my phone, but the "touch" feature doesn't You have to roll your finger down the screen to highlight and select different areas. That has worked for me so far. Thought I would pass that along.
    10-27-09 11:58 PM
    I have seen where some applications require you to change your application permissions to "Allow" then save this as your default, which I assume changes the permissions for everything. Is this a bad idea? I'm not sure exactly what all the permissions are, so I try not to mess with them.

Oh... just seen a post about Google Sync and Apps not working.... it does work on my phone, but the "touch" feature doesn't You have to roll your finger down the screen to highlight and select different areas. That has worked for me so far. Thought I would pass that along.
    Some apps require you to change the permission for them to work

By doing this you are only changing the permission for that app.

As for it being a bad idea that's up to you. If you can trust the developer then it shouldn't be an issue. If you are installing software that you're not 100% sure about it could be a bad idea. By setting some permissions to allow the developer can have access to your contacts, emails, texts etc. Not only that but they can lock you out of your phone. You can boot up using safe mode if that happens but it still takes some time and effort lol. I've never met a blackberry developer that would do that though. We make a living by you guys buying our apps. If we do something to mess up your phone I doubt we would have any customers in the future.

With that being said I'm sure they're are a few bad developers out there somewhere
    10-28-09 12:05 AM
    This is interesting information, dmglakewood. I had recently reset some permissions on various 3rd party apps before my storm went nearly completely dead on me -- would only power up to a black screen with the backlight on...DM wouldn't recognize it, no buttons worked, no calls could get through, etc. I simply returned it under warranty...but now I wonder if this "safe mode" you mention may have been an option?
    10-28-09 03:12 AM
    This is interesting information, dmglakewood. I had recently reset some permissions on various 3rd party apps before my storm went nearly completely dead on me -- would only power up to a black screen with the backlight on...DM wouldn't recognize it, no buttons worked, no calls could get through, etc. I simply returned it under warranty...but now I wonder if this "safe mode" you mention may have been an option?
    Safe mode is a last hope for BB users.

While booting into safe mode on the bare minimum starts up. This will allow you to remove 3rd party apps and configure settings in order to get your device up and running again.

It might have worked for you, but I guess we will never know how haha =)
    10-28-09 03:21 AM
    dmglakewood - the OP was asking about setting all of the DEFAULT permissions to Allow, "change your application permissions to "Allow" then save this as your default."

When you go into the permissions for a specific application and select "Set as Defaults", you are applying that application's permissions as the default permissions for all applications.

sdavis630 - see here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/do...-allow-348166/
    Last edited by Giant Cashew; 10-28-09 at 07:02 AM.
    10-28-09 06:59 AM

I'll let the developers handle the permissions topic. Have you checked Google Sync in your applications list to make sure Compatibility Mode is disabled?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 08:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD