Hey guys

Is there any way that I can make the default browser on my Bold anything other than 'Hotspot Browser (the default wifi)' or 'Vodafone Live (my carriers mobile browser) ?

Ever since I got hold of Bolt, I've never used anything else to access the internet, either at home or out in the big wide world, and it annoys me to have copy a URL out of an email or whatever and paste it into Bolt. It's especially annoying for me at this exact second because I've just got the new 'lite' version of viigo (which is great btw) but whenever I hit 'open in browser' I have to wait for days for the wifi browser to sort itself out, or i have to fiddle getting the url from the browser and pasting into something else.

Oh... on a side note... if an app is set to use TCP/IP (as opposed to WAP or BIS) will it use a wifi connection if its there ?

Ty in advance chaps
    09-05-09 08:53 PM
    no there is no way
    09-05-09 08:58 PM
    Really ?

Damn.

Thanks for the quick reply
    09-05-09 10:42 PM
    Perhaps, this may be of interest you.
    09-05-09 11:12 PM
    Perhaps, this may be of interest you.
    I followed those instruction and downloaded and installed the file. Seems to work fine if you want to download huge files. But I don't see how it helps us specify Bolt as the default browser - it doesn't appear in the dropdown configs.
    09-08-09 02:01 AM
    I think the theory is that it might allow the built in browser to download pages faster, although I haven't personally seen any increase. Does anyone know if there are any apps that allow you to specify which browser they open links in (RSS and twitter especially) or if they all just use whatever is set in the options screen ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD