Hi guys,

I have an unlocked bb 9930 bold which I bought from e-bay. It is a verizon bb. I use a rogers connection. I had problems with using the new sim and then with my voicemail but managed to fix it with the help of this website. But I have a problem here that I cant seem to fix after hours of searching for a solution. My app world cant seem to download via the carrier billing for rogers, because it still seems to be using verizon. I did try going to app world online and changing the billing option but it doesn't show carrier billing there either, just the usual paypal and credit card. I would like some help on getting app world back on to rogers instead of verizon so that I can get it billed to rogers.

Thanks
    01-16-12 02:34 PM
    A 9930 may not be totally compatible to Rogers. You will need the Rogers service books and I am not sure if service books from the GSM carrier can be sent to a CDMA carrier phone. Somebody more expert than me may be able to give a definitive answer.
    VinnyThekku likes this.
    01-16-12 02:46 PM
    The 9930 will work on Rogers, but you will only get 2G (aka EDGE).

OP, I assume you have a BlackBerry data plan? Do all the other functions of the phone work?
    VinnyThekku likes this.
    01-16-12 02:51 PM
    Yes, I am getting EDGE. I get my e-mails, voicemails, bbm, whatsapp, i can download free apps, just the ones with a price tag can't be downloaded, It says errror id 30640, carrier billing is not supported with this carrier. I have a rogers data plan, I donot know if this is the same as the BlackBerry data plan, but all other functions seem to be working fine
    01-16-12 02:56 PM
    If you are getting emails, then you have a BIS plan.

I'm not familiar as to how integrated billing is configured in App World. This is something you might have to call RIM to find out (I highly doubt Roger's would be able to help you).
    VinnyThekku likes this.
    01-16-12 03:00 PM
    Would it make any difference if you used App Word on your computer browser and tried to purchase? I am very unfamiliar with the inner workings of App World, just a suggestion.
    VinnyThekku likes this.
    01-16-12 03:03 PM
    Yes, I can purchase it online using paypal or credit card, but rogers allows apps on app world to be billed to the telephone bill, and I used to have it on my previous bb 8520. Now, I cant seem to do that, because verizon is one of the carriers that don't support it (this fones original carrier prior to unlocking). I would prefer carrier billing because i can just pay it all with my phone bill instead of the credit card. And yes, I tried getting rogers to help, but couldnt get a solution from there.
    01-16-12 03:12 PM
    Would it make any difference if you used App Word on your computer browser and tried to purchase? I am very unfamiliar with the inner workings of App World, just a suggestion.
    Don't believe that would work. For integrated billing the carrier would need a tie-in to your account (eg: device/SIM).
    01-16-12 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD