OK, so I've been searching for a solution for this problem and haven't found anything recent.

I am still wondering if there is a work around to crertain apps and links being automatically sent to the native browser. I would like to be able to send them to Opera Mini.

Has this become possible?
    08-07-10 07:59 AM
    No, it is not possible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-10 08:10 AM
    OK, so I've been searching for a solution for this problem and haven't found anything recent.

I am still wondering if there is a work around to crertain apps and links being automatically sent to the native browser. I would like to be able to send them to Opera Mini.

Has this become possible?
    I beilieve you can do it with Bolt, but not Opera Mini. Bolt has a plugin you can download to where you can open links with Bolt Browser. Here is a FAQ response from there web site:

What is BlackBerry Launcher? BOLT BlackBerry Launcher is a plug-in for BlackBerry devices (BlackBerry OS version 4.3 and above). After installation, it will enable you to open any link in plain-text email or SMS/MMS, in BOLT. Simply select �get link with BOLT� via the left menu key to open links directly in BOLT.

What do you mean that BlackBerry Launcher makes BOLT the default browser for BlackBerrys?

Install the BOLT BlackBerry Launcher in addition to the BlackBerry specific version of BOLT. When you wish to open a link in a plain-text email or SMS/MMS link, select �Get Link in BOLT� via the left menu key, and it will open the link directly in BOLT.

Here is the link to that page: Bolt Browser - FAQ

Bolt is very good, perhaps even better than Opera Mini for many types of sites. I use Bolt more than often than Opera Mini. But it doesn't appear from the Bolt FAQ that you can use it as a default within apps other than email or sms.
    08-07-10 02:46 PM
    But it still defaults to the BB browser for downloads.

08-07-10 02:54 PM
    But it still defaults to the BB browser for downloads.

For downloads, I don't mind it but it defaults to the native even for links.

I tried Bolt for awhile but I prefer the Opera browser.

Thanks for the info
    08-07-10 05:57 PM
    I beilieve you can do it with Bolt, but not Opera Mini. Bolt has a plugin you can download to where you can open links with Bolt Browser. Here is a FAQ response from there web site:

What is BlackBerry Launcher? BOLT BlackBerry Launcher is a plug-in for BlackBerry devices (BlackBerry OS version 4.3 and above). After installation, it will enable you to open any link in plain-text email or SMS/MMS, in BOLT. Simply select �get link with BOLT� via the left menu key to open links directly in BOLT.

What do you mean that BlackBerry Launcher makes BOLT the default browser for BlackBerrys?

Install the BOLT BlackBerry Launcher in addition to the BlackBerry specific version of BOLT. When you wish to open a link in a plain-text email or SMS/MMS link, select �Get Link in BOLT� via the left menu key, and it will open the link directly in BOLT.

Here is the link to that page: Bolt Browser - FAQ

Bolt is very good, perhaps even better than Opera Mini for many types of sites. I use Bolt more than often than Opera Mini. But it doesn't appear from the Bolt FAQ that you can use it as a default within apps other than email or sms.
    The Bolt add-on works with Opera Mini as well.

08-07-10 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD