Hey everyone, over the next few days I will be making changes to the way the data is laid out on the BBGPSGolf web site.

Right now I have a data limitation where I cant link many courses to a single facility (EG: if a golf course was to have three 9 holes coures you would need to duplicate the facility information within the course table. I am changing this so you first create a facility, and then you you added a course to the facility, and then you add the hole information to the course. This will allow for many courses for a single facility.

With this change the handheld app will still work when you do a search, but it might change going forward. Currently the BB app searches the courses table so when you add your course it will still show up, so anything new will get added.

I might need everyones help as I have done my best to create the facilities and then link the courses to the facilities. If you see any issues with the new facilities please let me know the facility name, and the facility ID (found when you view a facility.

I am making this change based off of a lot of users feed back. So this change is for you!

If you see any issues while creating or editing a facility please let me know and I will work on it. Also I am added more fields so we can have the proper address phones web site information for each facility.

Please double check all of your local courses and update the data.

Please note that I am currently changing the web pages to add the additional fields so you might run into an issue. If you do just wait like 5 to 10 minutes and try again. I test everything ever I add it and if it does not work then I will be working on fixing is.

Thanks,
    Justin
    11-07-11 07:29 AM
    Hi Justin,
    I'm not sure if it is due to the change but I'm having difficulties with 2 courses: 52592 (Blue Canyon Country Club - Canyon Course) and 55324 (Laguna Phuket Golf Club) when I try to save some update:
    Error message:
    Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: Unable to access /home/bbgpsgol/public_html/SD/course.xml in /home/bbgpsgol/public_html/www.pinhighgps.com/inc.fun.php on line 1441

I can find those 2 courses from my PC but not from mobile...

Great app!
    11-08-11 06:13 AM
    Hi Justin,
    I'm not sure if it is due to the change but I'm having difficulties with 2 courses: 52592 (Blue Canyon Country Club - Canyon Course) and 55324 (Laguna Phuket Golf Club) when I try to save some update:
    Error message:
    Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: Unable to access /home/bbgpsgol/public_html/SD/course.xml in /home/bbgpsgol/public_html/www.pinhighgps.com/inc.fun.php on line 1441

I can find those 2 courses from my PC but not from mobile...

Great app!
    I just tested and I was able to load Laguna Phuket without any issues.

Please make sure you have version 1.0.21 downloaded. All older versions will no longer work because of the changes to the database/website.

Thanks,
    Justin
    11-08-11 08:04 AM
    Hi Justin

Everything OK after saving again the course using BBGPSGolf instead of PinHighGPS.
    (BTW, still have the same error message when saving using PinHighGPS)

Tks mate,
    Chris
    Last edited by chrisJP; 11-09-11 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Issue solved by saving using BBGPSGolf
    11-09-11 04:46 AM
    Hi Justin

Everything OK after saving again the course using BBGPSGolf instead of PinHighGPS.
    (BTW, still have the same error message when saving using PinHighGPS)

Tks mate,
    Chris
    I dont know if I will be porting the changes over to PinHighGPS. Here is a lot of server side code that is getting update rightnow.
    11-09-11 07:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD