Cardstar was updated to V1.8 and now is 1.1 MB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-10 10:14 AM
    And it saves info to the SD Card! Lifesaver!
    05-24-10 01:17 PM
    And it saves info to the SD Card! Lifesaver!
    . . . . yeah, but does it do what its supposed to do?? . . . scan at stores??
    seems like the majority answer is "no!"

too bad . . . like many others, I really wanted to like this app. Oh well, I guess my keychain will remain bulky with "scan-able" cards
    05-24-10 03:49 PM
    Cardstar was updated to V1.8 and now is 1.1 MB
    Cool! That's two steps in the right direction. Now, can anybody report on it actually working? Last I saw, there was report after report of it not being read by the scanners. This would be cool if they actually get it working.....
    05-24-10 04:16 PM
    It doesn't look like much changed with the scanners. Mine works at CVS...and that's probably the card I use the most. Still, beats carrying everything around. Worse case, I show the cashier the phone and they punch in the number manually.
    05-25-10 07:29 AM
    ..But if I would have to hand the store clerk my phone ,why get it. Its a cool ideal but just needs tweaking more I guess ,ha. I would prefer just handing the clerk my card then phone if that's what it takes sometimes. I mean what if clerk dropped your phone.

Last edited by DavidNC; 05-25-10 at 10:23 AM.
    05-25-10 10:00 AM
    It is just a phone, right? Or is yours dipped in 24k gold?

05-25-10 10:12 AM
    It is just a phone, right? Or is yours dipped in 24k gold?

I said its what I prefer to do , lol. Do what works for you it doesnt matter to me if you hand them your card or phone or both ,lol

Keywords: "What I prefer to do"
    05-25-10 10:26 AM
    My 9700 is not dipped in gold but, I did have a girlfriend christen it.
    05-25-10 10:26 AM
    My 9700 is not dipped in gold but, I did have a girlfriend christen it.
    Ohhh! TMI!!
    05-25-10 11:18 AM
    Worked at Babies-R-Us, cashier used the hand scanner though. I tried the flat scanner at A&P and it did not work.

So how do you upgrade? Don't see an option in the app, do you just download new version and replace? Does this save your current cards?
    05-25-10 12:07 PM
    It didn't save cards before. You have to input everything again for the last time hopefully.
    05-25-10 01:55 PM
    How much does this app cost?

05-25-10 02:10 PM
    How much does this app cost?

It is free!
    05-25-10 03:08 PM
    this is by far the worst app I have installed onto the phone. It doesnt work what so ever. No stores can scan my barcodes. I have a screen protector on, which is probably why its not scanning, but its worthless
    05-25-10 05:22 PM
    The only place it has worked for me is CVS, Officemax has never worked and all others I've tried...
    05-25-10 05:24 PM
    Its a good idea but def. needs work. I still DL'd it and put my cards in, and backed em up. At least now my wallet and keys aren't clunky.

05-25-10 05:55 PM
    At worst its a handy way to keep your numbers which you can read to the clerk. That usually works.

Btw mine scanned at CVS even with a protector.

B B.

05-25-10 06:37 PM
    Worked at Babies-R-Us, cashier used the hand scanner though. I tried the flat scanner at A&P and it did not work.

So how do you upgrade? Don't see an option in the app, do you just download new version and replace? Does this save your current cards?

I found the link on another site via Viigo...it was OTA. I think it just installed the newer version over the old. I didn't have to reload all my cards, it saved everything. I only had to go in and select "show barcodes". After the upgrade, it was only showing numbers. No biggie.
    05-26-10 07:05 AM
    I found the link on another site via Viigo...it was OTA. I think it just installed the newer version over the old. I didn't have to reload all my cards, it saved everything. I only had to go in and select "show barcodes". After the upgrade, it was only showing numbers. No biggie.
    Thanks, I just downloaded direct from their website. All my cards were still there after the upgrade, so that was great.
    05-26-10 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD