View Poll Results: Does the cardstar app work for you?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it works everywhere

6 10.91%
  • It only works with hand held scanners

7 12.73%
  • Doesn't work anywhere

22 40.00%
  • Only works sometimes

9 16.36%
  • Have gotten it to work at self-checkouts

4 7.27%
  • Haven't tried it

13 23.64%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    S1 user here... using a naked BB it works for handheld scanners but hasn't worked on a flat bed scanner yet, atleast the 1 store i went to. I'll keep the app for now and hope an update comes out that makes it a tad bit smaller. hopefully i'll have an S2 by then.
    So you do not use a screen protector.... What about the brightness settings?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-10 01:36 PM
    I could not get it to scan the one time I tried. I have saved the bar codes and will try again some place with a hand scanner.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-10 02:50 PM
    doesnt work for me
    05-19-10 08:47 PM
    I couldn't get it to work correctly so I deleted the program.

BKVic
    05-20-10 02:54 PM
    I couldn't get it to work correctly so I deleted the program.

BKVic
    Same here.
    05-20-10 03:01 PM
    Worked at CVS with a hand scanner. It didn't work at a hardware store. I just had them read the barcode. It still beats carrying all those damn cards in my wallet and on my keychain. I know the company is working on an update that stores the cards on their server. I'm sure they'll figure something out with the scanning too.
    05-21-10 07:00 AM
    Storm 2 9550 os 5.607. To date Ive had limited luck getting it to read. Its only worked at three different CVS stores. I've ended up simply reading the numbers from my phone at other non-CVS stores therefore defeating the purpose of installing this app in the first place. The fact it read at one store chain and not the other suggest to me my settings have no impact on this program (clear screen protector, back light brightness 30). I'm going to hang in there in hopes theres a quick fix. Hum...... I had this same "wait for a quick fix" with BBM after updating to 5.0 and I'm still waiting for that too.
    05-21-10 01:17 PM
    Hello All, I have re-installed Cardstar and I only get a white screen. Any ideas or suggestions as to what is going on or what I have done incorrectly here? Even tried battery pull and that did not work. TIA
    10-26-11 07:20 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD