View Poll Results: Does the cardstar app work for you?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it works everywhere

6 10.91%
  • It only works with hand held scanners

7 12.73%
  • Doesn't work anywhere

22 40.00%
  • Only works sometimes

9 16.36%
  • Have gotten it to work at self-checkouts

4 7.27%
  • Haven't tried it

13 23.64%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    I have been reading a lot of negative feedback on the app, so I just thought we should have a poll to see if the cardstar app has worked on your S2. This way it is all in one place. I personally haven't tried it yet.
    Last edited by jen2004; 05-16-10 at 01:04 PM.
    05-16-10 12:59 PM
    Doesn't work for me at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-10 02:17 PM
    Works fine on my bb but the barcode won't scan when I'm at the store.

05-16-10 03:32 PM
    The checkout scanner wont pick up the barcode on my S2.. bit of a letdown tbh
    05-16-10 03:44 PM
    I just used it at CVS today, and she scanned it with the handheld scanner, no delay, just scanned right away, I was really pleased. No luck with flatbed scanners though.

05-16-10 06:10 PM
    It would be interesting to see cardstar app feedback that included info including what your screen brightness setting is and whether or not you use a screen protector. Maybe we can find a magic combination.

05-16-10 07:06 PM
    I have tried it with the flat bed scanners at the self checkouts and with handheld scanners at the register... so far, I have not had any successful scans of the barcodes.

VZ screen protector and brightness at 10%.
    05-16-10 09:29 PM
    I tried this at Kroger flat scanners and no luck. haven tried a scan gun yet or cashier
    05-16-10 10:35 PM
    Worked at blockbuster. Handheld scanner.

05-16-10 10:52 PM
    I only tried it at Quality Food Centers using the hand held scanner and it didn't work. Brightness set at 10 an VZW protector installed.

05-16-10 11:12 PM
    website says not to use screen protector
    05-17-10 12:06 AM
    Doesn't work with anything. Diff brightness setting no screen protector, clean sceen. Waste of a download sadly. I really wanted it to work. It was kind of embarrassing after a few days of trying it.

05-17-10 12:37 AM
    I have read quite a few negative things about it myself, as far as it not working in a lot of stores. I would love to try to it, but I want to see better scanning abilities before I give it a shot. I have also read that some say it eats up a lot of memory space, and that's definitely a deal-breaker for me. If those issues can get straightened out, I'd be all for having it on my S2, because it really is a neat concept...just not completely stable/functional yet.
    05-17-10 08:30 AM
    Not only did it not work for me but a couple of apps seemed to be having problems since the install... Also several random reboots... Uninstalled and no more problems...
    05-17-10 08:30 AM
    Did not work for me yesterday at Dicks Sporting goods, handheld scanner screen brightness 50%
    05-17-10 09:00 AM
    I have read quite a few negative things about it myself, as far as it not working in a lot of stores. I would love to try to it, but I want to see better scanning abilities before I give it a shot. I have also read that some say it eats up a lot of memory space, and that's definitely a deal-breaker for me. If those issues can get straightened out, I'd be all for having it on my S2, because it really is a neat concept...just not completely stable/functional yet.
    This app does not eat alot of memory.. My memory only went down 4-5 MB after installing this app which means I have 87 MB of memory left..

All you complained about Storm 1 has no memory, now the Storm 2 has lots of memory and you guys are scared to use it....???? I dont get it
    Last edited by BlackBerryGeekeer; 05-17-10 at 12:16 PM.
    05-17-10 12:13 PM
    I have tried it at CVS and it worked fine with the handheld scanner. Have not tried it with the flatbad scanner yet. It does use a lot of memory. CardScan has said they are working to bring the size of the application down but nothing yet.
    05-17-10 12:36 PM
    No luck yet, but I've only tried flatbed scanners. This from their website:
    "On iPhone and Android, CardStar features SyncScan™, our advanced system for rendering barcodes. This new technology allows for successful scanning with most merchants using handheld laser scanning guns. On BlackBerry, an imaging scanner must be used to read from the BlackBerry's screen."
    05-17-10 12:58 PM
    This app does not eat alot of memory.. My memory only went down 4-5 MB after installing this app which means I have 87 MB of memory left..

All you complained about Storm 1 has no memory, now the Storm 2 has lots of memory and you guys are scared to use it....???? I dont get it
    I'm not complaining at all; never had the S1. I'm not "scared" to use my memory, but I'm not going to add apps that aren't fully functional...just seems pointless to me, until the app works like it should.
    05-17-10 01:20 PM
    Did not work on my S2. Brightness at max. No screen protector.

05-17-10 01:24 PM
    Worked at CVS hand held and but not at Stop and Shop flat scanner
    05-17-10 03:12 PM
    forgot to say..

the blockbuster usage:

Handscanner: Yes
    No screen protector (hate them)
    brightness: 8
    Dirty screen: VERY
    Landscape: No
    05-17-10 04:09 PM
    did not work for me anywhere. Used A LOT of memory up, by far the biggest app I have ever installed on a Blackberry, and cardstar was the first I deleted almost a week later.

worthless app that doesnt work and is a memory hog, not worth it
    05-17-10 05:20 PM
    Forget the barcode - the App doesn't work on my Storm2. As soon as I run it, even with over 80MB memory after loading, the phone slows to a crawl and I start getting java errors on other apps. Have to do a battery pull every time!

bert
    05-18-10 06:31 AM
    S1 user here... using a naked BB it works for handheld scanners but hasn't worked on a flat bed scanner yet, atleast the 1 store i went to. I'll keep the app for now and hope an update comes out that makes it a tad bit smaller. hopefully i'll have an S2 by then.
    05-18-10 10:28 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD