I downloaded the Cardstar Application to my 8520. When I try to run the app all it does it lock up my BB. I had to do battery pulls to bring my BB back to my life; and wound up deleting this huge 3.6MB app. Anyone have success getting it to work on their 8520 or 8530 Curve 2?
    05-04-10 01:54 PM
    Runs fine on my VZW 8530. Whether I keep it and its huge footprint may be another story...
    05-04-10 02:22 PM
    just wait... i downloaded and first time i opened it, my phone lagged hard. after about 3 minz the app opened up and worked fine. all lag was gone, etc.
    05-04-10 02:34 PM
    I've got it as well, and it runs smooth, but my cards are in my wallet anyways, so it'd be just as much of a pain to go thru my apps just to find the program as it would to open my wallet and pull my card out itself, but i guess it's designed for ppl who dont want to carry that extra card or 2 around...idk. But it does seem like a HUGE footprint for somethin that i may not even use. I may just deinstall it and go back to the old scan the card technique.
    05-05-10 09:07 AM
    DL'd cardstar to my Bold 9700. Installed and loaded fine. However the main reason for using the program would be to keep from carrying the bar coded cards around in your wallet or on a keychain. I could not get the barcode scanner to read my BB screen for the barcode info. Therefore no point in having the app. Good thing it was free.
    05-05-10 11:30 AM
    Installed it last night and woke up to all my calendar events erased.wtf. Reinstalled today after deleting it. Gave it the benefit of the doubt. The question I have is, what's up with resetting the security timer?? and do I set it to, "dont ask again?"
    05-05-10 11:46 AM
    what i would like to know is after i downloaded the app and all my keycards (which went smoothly by the way) why it didn't even scan. I actually tried it at Pathmark yesterday looking silly trying to show off and the scanner wouldn't even recognize the barcode.
    05-05-10 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD