Ok CARDSTAR where is the new download for our Blackberrys?
    You said May 1

Toulmantwo
    05-01-10 04:04 PM
    there is a thread about cardstar will be released this week coming.
    05-01-10 04:44 PM
    You said May 1

Toulmantwo
    I had the date marked on my calendar and everything. I was so looking forward to this coming out. Now i have to wait some more. I want CardStar now!!!!
    05-03-10 01:48 AM
    Agreed. They have tweeted that it will be releasing this week. No definite date. I think they should allow all of us interested parties to download it NOW and help them de-bug it before its official release!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-10 09:47 AM
    I had the date marked on my calendar and everything. I was so looking forward to this coming out. Now i have to wait some more. I want CardStar now!!!!
    as blackberry users and abusers we should be experts at waiting, i never hold my breath for release dates.
    05-03-10 12:11 PM
    Downloading it as I type
    05-04-10 07:42 AM
    cardstar is released downloading

cardstar Mobile Download
    05-04-10 07:50 AM
    kind of a chubby app. 3.6mb. Hope it works like it says.
    05-04-10 08:51 AM
    You said May 1

Toulmantwo
    This thread!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/car...kberry-463536/
    05-04-10 08:57 AM
    Ran it and it slowed down my phone to 1 mph.
    05-04-10 09:06 AM
    DL'ed to my Tour running stock OS 4.7. Did a BP, then when I tried to fire it off, I got a message saying:

Error Starting cardstar_bb: Error loading module 'cardstar_bb' OutOfMemory Error.

And then if I fairly quickly try and run it again, it says:

Error starting cardstar_bb: Module 'cardstar_bb-6' has verification errors.

Any ideas?

I am going to check permissions........

I DL'ed from the BB link in their Twitter feed.
    Last edited by jlb21; 05-04-10 at 09:26 AM.
    05-04-10 09:24 AM
    I don't get the app. I thought it was suppose to show the barcode on the screen. That's how they show it on their teaser adds. Mine just displays the merchant name and the number you enter. I can use notepad for that.

For example, if I enter my library card information it just displays the name of the library and the card number but no bar code. So I still have to have my library card with me to check out a book. Same with other cards.

Worthless app in my opinion.
    05-04-10 09:29 AM
    I don't get the app. I thought it was suppose to show the barcode on the screen. That's how they show it on their teaser adds. Mine just displays the merchant name and the number you enter. I can use notepad for that.

For example, if I enter my library card information it just displays the name of the library and the card number but no bar code. So I still have to have my library card with me to check out a book. Same with other cards.

Worthless app in my opinion.
    Hit the menu button and select "show barcode"
    05-04-10 09:49 AM
    you have to click the bb button then show barcode. some of the cards don't use a barcode though like my regal crown club from the movie theatre so i have it stored in there as a number
    05-04-10 09:50 AM
    I was really excited for this app until I saw it was over 3mb. That's bigger than any app I have on my BB.

05-04-10 10:08 AM
    I tried DL'ing 3 times without success. Permissions were already edited to the app's liking? I'll wait a little bit until some kinks are ironed out.

05-04-10 10:19 AM
    DL'ed to my Tour running stock OS 4.7. Did a BP, then when I tried to fire it off, I got a message saying:

Error Starting cardstar_bb: Error loading module 'cardstar_bb' OutOfMemory Error.

And then if I fairly quickly try and run it again, it says:

Error starting cardstar_bb: Module 'cardstar_bb-6' has verification errors.

Any ideas?

I am going to check permissions........

I DL'ed from the BB link in their Twitter feed.

So I installed the app, did a BP, reinstalled, did a BP and then tried to re run the app. I get the same two errors noted above.

I will send an e-mail to CardStar. If they offer some help, great. But I don't know what else to do. I may be out for now......
    05-04-10 10:19 AM
    LOL.....I tried using their e-mail/support submission form. When I type submit, I get a HTTP Error 404 message. nice. Can't even tell them the problems I am having (though I did Tweet them).
    05-04-10 10:25 AM
    This app has a huge footprint!
    05-04-10 10:29 AM
    Huge app and also reading mixed reviews (iphone users) about the functionality of this app. Lots of users say that bardodes do not scan well if you're using a screenprotector. Hope this isn't true . . . I'm guessing LOTS of us are using a screenprotector on our BB's
    05-04-10 10:49 AM
    FYI, for anyone else having problems getting it running, they are responding to Tweets rather quickly, @MyCardStar.

They also asked that you email them with any details you can if you are having problems: [email protected]
    05-04-10 11:07 AM
    Their Support site says not to use screen protectors. FYI.
    05-04-10 11:57 AM
    I had no issues with the install, but after added several cards, only the first one added is visible on the list. When I try to re-add others, it tells me they already exist. And yet still only one appears on the screen...

Ugh.
    05-04-10 12:21 PM
    I had no issues with the install, but after added several cards, only the first one added is visible on the list. When I try to re-add others, it tells me they already exist. And yet still only one appears on the screen...

Ugh.
    I had the same issue. After I added 8 cards, no others would show up. I did a reset through Quickpull and it's all good.
    05-04-10 01:15 PM
    So I installed the app, did a BP, reinstalled, did a BP and then tried to re run the app. I get the same two errors noted above.

I will send an e-mail to CardStar. If they offer some help, great. But I don't know what else to do. I may be out for now......

The infamous "out of memory error" I do believe is caused by a memory indexing problem in the 4.7 OS. I went through error this many times with a few different apps, every time I thought it was the app's fault, but after many hours of research I learned that it was in fact caused by this bug in the 4.7 OS. I have not experienced this since upgrading to the 5.0 OS (I am now running a leaked version 5.0.0.643). Of course the 5.0 OS has been causing people to experience some other problems (I myself have encountered memory leaks and bluetooth volume problems, which I am hoping are improved in this leaked OS). You may consider upgrading to the new OS, just back everything up before you do it in case you want to go back.

On another note after downloading card star my phone was moving very slowly and when I clicked on it to try to open it for the first time my phone appeared to freeze up, phone is rebooting now...
    05-04-10 03:23 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD