05-02-13 12:04 AM
61 123
tools
    haha, twas a joke my friend. Althought I do hate magnums, but id take a srt8 charger/300 anyday. Any other Chrysler product id have to pass on, and my 77 Ford Pinto is by no means slow...
    09-23-09 08:55 AM
    I know you were kidding and my feelings were not hurt. I love my wagon, but I have always loved wagons. Mine is still a work in process. Only in the high 12's right now w/ the 5.7 engine. Anyway, you might not be slow but you still have bad taste.
    09-23-09 11:45 AM
    Great ideas post by everybody. I'd buy the app and am willing to pay more for a well designed app.
    09-23-09 05:52 PM
    Well while I was working on my car earlier, I thought to myself I should create a car maintenance app. Here are a few ideas I have for the app

- Multiple cars
    - Input different stats (date and miles when you changed your oil, air filter etc)
    - Fuel Millage Generator
    - Notifications on when it's time to change oil, coolant, filters, spark plugs etc.
    - Sync everything on my server so you won't lose your data when you wipe or replace your phone
    - PC access, you will be able to visit the site using your pc and see all the data that you record using your storm. You will also be able to make changes to all your vehicles etc.
    - In the future I hope to have factory recommended alerts. For example you punch in how many miles you have on your car and it will alert you what needs to be done. Say you have 60k on your car it will tell you "You should replace your belts, fuel filter etc etc"

Those are just a few things right now. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in this kind of app? Do you think a 1 time fee for 2.99$ is a fair price?

Also do you have any suggestions on what to add / replace?
    Sounds interesting but since it won't be able to track miles and will require you to input miles, this assumes you remember to update the app whenever you do get it serviced.

Besides, don't most modern cars have reminders built in anyway? I know mine does.
    09-23-09 06:00 PM
    I've used Car Stats from the Crackberry App Store for about three weeks with no issues. Nice and lightweight, too!
    02-08-10 06:51 AM
    Didnt read all posts but if the make model and year were entered properly, you could maybe link it to search for TSB's (technical service bulletins) per model. Not sure if all OEM's do this, speaking for Ford on this. Just a thought.

Anyway, I will purchase. $2.99 is about right.
    02-08-10 08:46 PM
    Great idea at just about any price. Yeah my car tells me most of those things, and the little sticker my mechanic puts on the window tells me when my next oil change is. Would be a gerat reference tool to have to tell you when what was done last. Since I sync w/outlook I set plenty of reminders to alert me. Please develop for the 8330 curve.
    02-08-10 09:22 PM
    I think that is great!! I have been looking for an app like that...when or where will it be available? I have a blackberry 9000....will it work on that phone?
    03-30-10 04:31 PM
    Did this die? I would really dig it. Have too many vehicles to keep it all in my head anymore.
    04-07-10 08:10 AM
    Try OilChange App for BB10 from BlackBerry World - OilChange
    05-01-13 11:50 PM
    Check out Service Book in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/23700877
    Submitted a Q10 app this morning.
    Let me know if you have any questions.
    05-02-13 12:04 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD