05-02-13 12:04 AM
61 123
tools
    I currently use TrackIt - Vehicle Edition right now and paid ( I think $25.00) for it. I need a way to keep track of mileage. It has mileage, fuel, maintenance, exports via email to Excel or html, and supports multiple vehicles.

Any way, I would still like to see other options out there.
    03-11-09 10:29 AM
    One feature that I would definitely be interested in would be the ability to create custom service items and intervals. I'm a long haul driver and semis have a few service points that are not common to other vehicles. It would be worth the price of the app just to be able to custom delineate whatever service items and intervals I need.

Also, if you could build in an MPG utility, total cost calculator, and the ability to track vehicle cost by the mile, I'd be on that in a heartbeat. Currently I'm just keeping track of my maintenace in a notes application and checking cost per mile when I'm curious. Having a total cost of ownership w/ cent per mile breakdown ready at hand will save me oodles of time and energy.
    03-26-09 09:08 PM
    Something I'd like to see in it is the ability to have part numbers for common items. I.e. Fram oil filter #XXXXXX, air filter #XXXXXX, 5w-30 oil, etc. I have all this in a spreadsheet right now on my phone along with how many I have at home. That way I know if I need to pick up a filter/oil/etc or if I already have one at home. And if I do need to pick something up, I don't need to look up the number in the book for the hundredth time.
    03-27-09 10:03 AM
    I would love this app! You should totally give it a go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 11:50 AM
    i Would buy it as well. lolol seems like a fair price as well for your time.
    :-P
    03-27-09 12:00 PM
    Along with oil changes, etc, you should have a spot for tire rotation and for alingments (or have spots for custom things to add). I also have to change to winter tires every winter for the mountains, and back to regular all-seasons for the rest of the time, and I like to keep track of how much mileage I put on each set, as well as keeping track of when it is time to rotate them...
    Sounds like it will be an awesome app.
    03-27-09 01:24 PM
    Did DMG ever do anything with this?
    08-23-09 09:35 PM
    im def down, and would love something like this, even though this thread has been dead for a while
    08-23-09 10:05 PM
    I would definitely buy something like this.
    08-24-09 06:38 AM
    I am also interested in this app if it does happen.
    08-24-09 10:26 AM
    My wife has Gas Cubby on her iPhone and loves it. If what you have in mind was close to that app it would do quite well.
    08-24-09 02:51 PM
    I was hoping that Dmg would shed some light on this if he saw it again. I sent him a Pm a while back but he never got back to me, not too complain... Im sure he gets lots of silly messages like that lol. I know there are alternatives for car apps, but come on, Dmg apps are pretty epic, and his customer support is always da bomb.
    08-24-09 02:54 PM
    Great Idea, Im in...
    08-24-09 03:01 PM
    2.99 sounds a fair price.

08-24-09 03:26 PM
    Brilliant! I could make good use for an app like this.
    Now that just made me think. You know what would be really sweet? Make a micro-USB to scanner port cable and an app that can turn your blackberry into a OBDII scanner, or even a tuner! If you could successfully make the cables or find a company that can and if everyone is truly going to MUSB connectors on mobile phones then you got yourself a company and you'd be set to retire. Sell the cable with software. Think about it, turn your blackberry or smartphone into a scanner/tuner/datalogger. There is a huge market for that stuff already and putting it on the mobile would be so convenient.

08-24-09 04:09 PM
    Not sure if DMG is still looking at doing this but I think this could be a great app and adding in some custom fields and gas milage tracking/calculations it would be an awesome app.

I think tying this in with manufacturer recommended items would be a huge pain and take a lot of time and effort to get all of the info. When I was managing a repair shop I know we had to pay quite a bit for some of this information - that was including the repair info and time estimates as well thought.
    08-24-09 04:45 PM
    Yes, a 1000 times yes. I'm in. I tried two differen mileage tracking applications and they don't do anything and they are clumsy to use.
    08-24-09 11:05 PM
    It's been like 6months what happened to this idea It would be so sweet. I would def. pay 2.99 if not a few dollars more hook it up DMG
    08-25-09 01:20 AM
    Is this still being developed?
    08-25-09 01:24 AM
    DMG, would love to know if you already have this started, or else I might be interested in tackling this one.
    08-25-09 01:59 AM
    Brilliant! I could make good use for an app like this.
    Now that just made me think. You know what would be really sweet? Make a micro-USB to scanner port cable and an app that can turn your blackberry into a OBDII scanner, or even a tuner! If you could successfully make the cables or find a company that can and if everyone is truly going to MUSB connectors on mobile phones then you got yourself a company and you'd be set to retire. Sell the cable with software. Think about it, turn your blackberry or smartphone into a scanner/tuner/datalogger. There is a huge market for that stuff already and putting it on the mobile would be so convenient.

I have a Bluetooth CAN-bus reader for my bike (BMW R1200GS) and BB software to be able to read it.
    09-22-09 08:50 AM
    Yeah and as an example you could have a maintenance schedule for a Doge; Magnum/ Charger already installed!!!! LOL
    09-22-09 10:54 AM
    maintenance for dodge charger/magnum.

drive 10k, Burn immediately
    09-22-09 10:56 AM

HAHAHAH!!!
    09-22-09 01:28 PM

Sorry you have bad taste and a slow car.
    09-23-09 08:48 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD