I have a Blackberry Tour and am wondering how to get the "Capture It" off of the main menu when i press the menu button (Menu button the left of the trackball)

Thanks!
    09-28-09 07:33 PM
    And is there a way to change the location on the blackberry that it saves the pictures?
    09-28-09 08:01 PM
    You should be able to press the MENU button and use MOVE (or move to folder) and move it elsewhere.

I do not see any place to change its settings so I guess it goes to the picture folder on the sd card (I don't know if it would go to the picture folder in memory if there were no card.)

From their site:

"If your device has a memory card inserted, the capture will be saved there. If no memory card is available it will be saved to the device memory."
    Last edited by F2; 09-28-09 at 08:18 PM.
    09-28-09 08:15 PM
    Hmmm. Guess you did not understand my question. I want to remove it from the Menu... As shown in this picture.

09-28-09 08:47 PM
    Um, no offence, but why did you download this App if you don't want to use it? That menu option is how it's available for use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 09:07 PM
    Um, No offense... but when I want to use it I hot key it to the Left Convenience key... Thanks for the positive input tho!

Anyone have any clues?
    09-28-09 10:18 PM
    No fair enough, I typically have it there too.
    It's just that they can't create the App to only work by Convenience Key.
    It's a relatively small App without its own internal options. It would be nice to have a menu, maybe as an entry in the Options App just like the CB Launcher.

09-28-09 11:51 PM
    I will agree that it intrudes on a mighty fine photo!!!!

I moved it to the CameraKey (right convenience) and use an icon to launch the camera on my Tour.
    09-29-09 12:22 AM
    Hmmm. Guess you did not understand my question. I want to remove it from the Menu... As shown in this picture.

AWESOME wallpaper! But is that a real picture? or is it photoshopped?
    09-29-09 08:27 AM
    I can't see which device you're running on the wapforums, but if I select Capture It using the Menu on my Tour, the Menu disappears before Capture It takes the screen shot.

Did you take your Supergirl screen shot by clicking the highlighted Capture It or with your Convenience Key?

09-29-09 10:49 AM
    I used the convienience key for those two shots.

And I have a Tour.
    09-29-09 02:53 PM
    I can't offer any help but that is Awesome wallpaper !. 2 votes on that so far

09-29-09 03:51 PM
    I had capture it...left convenience key as well. I got quicklaunch and it has a screen shot app. Same thing, but doesnt take a pic of the menu. Pretty nice. Also has a quick pull app as well, but i purchased quickpull a month ago. If you don't have QL and it goes on sale again, I highly recmmend it. great app!
    09-29-09 04:37 PM
    I used the convienience key for those two shots.

And I have a Tour.
    Exactly! If you actually use it through the menu option on the Tour, the menu disappears before the screen shot registers, so I don't really see the issue.
    It obviously bothers you, and that's reason enough to ask - so fair enough!

The only reason why the same thing bothers me slightly is that I use the keyboard to jump to my selection in menus instead of scrolling. So if I hit C for Copy, sometimes I have to press C 1 extra time because Capture It is there�

My only other suggestion is to try the other free screen shot app out there, ZonaSnap. I have no idea how it works as I use Capture It as well.

Maybe it has the options you seek. You're not happy with at least part of Capture It, so why not give ZonaSnap a try?

09-29-09 09:59 PM
    It mainly bothers me due to the fact that it used to be at the top of every menu. If it was further down it'd be ok ya know... Most of the time I use the menu button to open messages. The Open prompt USED to be at the top.. so it was quick and easy. Now I find myself taking a ton of screen shots on accident.

But I see what you are saying and I may try this other one. Thanks!

Exactly! If you actually use it through the menu option on the Tour, the menu disappears before the screen shot registers, so I don't really see the issue.
    It obviously bothers you, and that's reason enough to ask - so fair enough!

The only reason why the same thing bothers me slightly is that I use the keyboard to jump to my selection in menus instead of scrolling. So if I hit C for Copy, sometimes I have to press C 1 extra time because Capture It is there�

My only other suggestion is to try the other free screen shot app out there, ZonaSnap. I have no idea how it works as I use Capture It as well.

Maybe it has the options you seek. You're not happy with at least part of Capture It, so why not give ZonaSnap a try?

09-30-09 12:58 AM
    Love the wallpaper, could we get a link?
    09-30-09 05:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD