I just wiped .191 on my phone and was about to install .230 but my phone wasnt being recongnized i went into bbsak and it said no device connected my pin was showing and everything was working same thing with BBDM. Then i went into BBDM and my only option was to install 148 so i did and when it was done i turned on mass storage mode and now my phone shows up on bbsak and bbdm so i tried to install .230 and when i get to screen where you pick you port theres no option for my phone...and the drop down menu is empty.

How did i manage to do this?? I just wiped my phone and now it won't let me load any unofficial OS's....anyone know what i can do?
    09-18-09 05:03 AM
    I have to connect to DM first then launch BBSAK and it will be recognized.
    09-18-09 05:59 AM
    I just wiped .191 on my phone and was about to install .230 but my phone wasnt being recongnized i went into bbsak and it said no device connected my pin was showing and everything was working same thing with BBDM. Then i went into BBDM and my only option was to install 148 so i did and when it was done i turned on mass storage mode and now my phone shows up on bbsak and bbdm so i tried to install .230 and when i get to screen where you pick you port theres no option for my phone...and the drop down menu is empty.

How did i manage to do this?? I just wiped my phone and now it won't let me load any unofficial OS's....anyone know what i can do?
    First go to C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/Shared/loader files. Delete the loader files. Then delete all OS on your computer. Reboot. Download .191 and drop .230 over that. Use App loader or BBSAK to install it will recognize it then.
    09-18-09 06:32 AM
    My problem wasn't installing the OS i couldn't connect to the com3 port that you're supposed to have in apploader i just tried it again and now i cant connect to dm or bbsak at all
    09-18-09 08:55 AM
    My problem wasn't installing the OS i couldn't connect to the com3 port that you're supposed to have in apploader i just tried it again and now i cant connect to dm or bbsak at all
    If you follow my instructions it will help you connect to app loader. I understood your post, I think you need to clean some stuff up to connect. Have you even tried just a reboot?
    09-18-09 11:56 AM
    yea i did i just got home and turned my computer on and gave another try this time it worked but now i cant get .230 os to show up in apploader ah well i get it soon enough anyways thanks i think it was just my computer though..
    09-18-09 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD