I was poking around on the BB forums at their web site and this error message is apparently very common. It is also clear that they have no clue why.

Clearly they don't know what they are doing. When I first downloaded this program, it gave me an error and would not download. Charged me, of course, but no download. Customer service acknowledged that I did not get what I paid for, that they had no idea why, but told me there would be no refund since "they were not set up to do that". Now the same program wants me to pay again and can't find the server even if I agree.

I figure I will just download it again from Handango or mobihand and consider the 5 bucks a cheap lesson.

If I was the developer of this or any other program, I would not allow RIM to sell it. When they couldn't figure out how to send me the original version I paid for, they suggested that I "contact the developer". Really? Then what are you doing for your share?
    04-17-09 10:10 AM
    Yes, it is happening for every app on app world that has updates.
    Can you show me where you saw that on their forums?
    And yes that is true, app world developers don't have a way to refund purchases from app world.
    By the way, i don't recommend you download from handango because i'm closing my account their soon and then you won't be able to get upgrades without trouble.
    Yea app world has many problems. I'm calling it crap world.
    04-17-09 12:48 PM
    I just went to the blackberry forums on their web site and searched for the error message that everyone has been seeing. "Blackberry App World is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again."

This brought a thread of people complaining about this and moderators interjecting completely useless advice/questions. Things like asking if the phone was unlocked or not.
    04-17-09 02:29 PM
    Just throwing another 'not letting me download upgrade' notes, happening to me too. *deflates*
    04-17-09 02:58 PM
    CrapWorld
    Sorry about all the crap
    04-17-09 04:26 PM
    Hey Cheetah, I've been using your app for a little over a week now and can't live without it... Def a great app! Is there any word on the folder's option? That is really an option I will use to it's fullest... I've been looking forward to that ever since it was brought up... Keep up the awesome work!
    04-17-09 04:33 PM
    folders coming soon...
    it's pretty cool. i have like 60 items in my list now. much easier to manage a large list with folders
    04-17-09 04:39 PM
    Just to let you and everyone else know that is thinking about buying this app, it totally changed the way I use my BB... Icons seem so, uh, inefficient now... I already have my folders planned out! ::rubbing hands together::
    04-17-09 09:24 PM
    I gave up and just re-bought it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 09:51 PM
    me too.

I assume that it just used my old activation code, since it never asked me for the new one that I got from mobihand.

It is safe to assume that I will be making no further transactions through the blackberry app world.
    04-17-09 10:35 PM
    Yes folders are cool. i wish it were released already. It's reaalllyyyy handy. I'm working as fast as i can and dealing with all the crap world problems to just be patient and i'm sure everything will get fixed eventually and the new release is coming...
    thanks for your understanding.
    04-18-09 02:12 PM
    Not your fault they are idiots. Enjoy the extra 5 dollars, don't spend it all in one place

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 11:48 AM
    As I couldn't upgrade from the App store I bought it again...but from the App store, so I hope they sort it out in time for the next release, or I'm slowly going to bankrupt myself.
    04-19-09 01:26 PM
    FYI. Here are 2 places to contact RIM regarding the upgrade problems:
    877-255-2377
    or
    https://www.blackberry.com/CSOHelp/index.do?ft=generic
    04-19-09 01:49 PM
    Hi,

I downloaded on my 8900 curve from mobihand - it did not give me the option to choose my phone (as it seems to on PC).

Anyway I paid and downloaded, and now I get a message that says

error starting quicklaunch: class 'net.rim.device.api.ui.VirtualKeyboard' not found

I did try to email you from your site, but it bounced back - a gmail address?

many thanks,
    04-22-09 07:11 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD