Sorry if this has been discussed before, I can't seem to update my OS using both application loader and desktop software. I have:
    - Installed the software device properly
    - Matched model (Bold 9900 and made sure I didn't download 9930)
    - Restarted my PC

When I run the desktop software:
    - Clicked 'Update'
    - 'There are no Blackberry Device Software updates available' appeared
    - 'View other versions' option IS NOT visible, only 'Subscribe' and 'Cancel'.
    - In the 'Help' menu, under 'Installed Blackberry Device Software' the v7.1.0.342 is visible.

In the app loader:
    - Deleted 'Vendor.xml'
    - In the 'Device Application Selection', only current apps in device are visible
    - No 'Blackberry System Software' and 'Blackberry Core Application'.
    - '9900M_v7.1.0.342...' folder is visible in the 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader'.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling everything, deleted previous updates, etc and I still can't update my OS.

HELP ME!
    04-17-12 11:20 AM
    Search your C: drive for vendor.xml, you may have a second one lurking around
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 04-17-12 at 11:55 AM.
    Hariz05 likes this.
    04-17-12 11:37 AM
    Or use this tool.

http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...e-tool-709922/
    Hariz05 likes this.
    04-17-12 11:54 AM
    Search your C: drive for vendor.xml, you may have a second one lurking around
    Thanks! You were right, I had to use a tool to locate the other vendor.xml
    04-17-12 01:53 PM
    Thanks! You were right, I had to use a tool to locate the other vendor.xml
    Just using the Windows Search is sufficient. Apps/Tools aren't necessary.
    04-17-12 02:05 PM
    Just searching isn't always sufficient. If it is in a hidden folder or is a hidden file and show hidden is not enabled or the if the folders aren't attached to your search you will not find it.
    04-17-12 02:09 PM
    Just searching isn't always sufficient. If it is in a hidden folder or is a hidden file and show hidden is not enabled or the if the folders aren't attached to your search you will not find it.
    You don't need a program to search for files in hidden folders, just tell windows to look in hidden/sytem folders. Why anyone would restrict a search for a file they don't know where to look for in the first place is kind of silly.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 04-17-12 at 02:45 PM.
    04-17-12 02:42 PM
    OK but how many people do you know that know to do that or would even think of doing it? I guess you only ever help or know techy people. When I supported users I'd have to instruct them how to find a folder step by step because all they knew how to do is use word and the browser.
    04-17-12 04:34 PM
    How ironic, pcgizmo and I were just discussing this in another thread. I had a bad experience using vendelete+.

Follow what pcgizmo advised.
    04-17-12 04:45 PM
    Thank the lord (no offence to athiests) for this.

I've been trying and trying, and I even tried searching manually without this program. But I couldn't find Windows 7 Explorer tools/options menu. But this did the trick. And my BB is no longer a paper weight :')
    08-04-12 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD