Put the official Sprint 5.0.0.484 on my Verizon Tour. Works great, with one problematic exception: tethering doesn't work, either via the VZAM client or via Desktop Manager (5.01). It appears to connect just fine, but it then disconnects within 2 seconds. No error, just a disconnect.

Battery pull, reinstall of VZAM, etc, didn't help anything. Any thoughts? Could it be configured manually as a modem maybe? Could this be happening because there's Sprint-specific code on there - could I remove/swap a COD file via BBSAK or similar?

Unfortunately I really do need this to work and may have to downgrade to 4.7. Willing to put a hybrid on if it's likely to work; any thoughts or help greatly appreciated.
    03-05-10 04:33 PM
    Put the official Sprint 5.0.0.484 on my Verizon Tour. Works great, with one problematic exception: tethering doesn't work, either via the VZAM client or via Desktop Manager (5.01). It appears to connect just fine, but it then disconnects within 2 seconds. No error, just a disconnect.

Battery pull, reinstall of VZAM, etc, didn't help anything. Any thoughts? Could it be configured manually as a modem maybe? Could this be happening because there's Sprint-specific code on there - could I remove/swap a COD file via BBSAK or similar?

Unfortunately I really do need this to work and may have to downgrade to 4.7. Willing to put a hybrid on if it's likely to work; any thoughts or help greatly appreciated.
    All the leaks are verizon based - try the .419 leak
    03-05-10 06:27 PM
    U got a sprint Tour to work on verizon? Dude, how? Try as I might, vzw won't activate it on my account! Bro, share the love, please man! PM me, email me, send me a smoke signal, something! anything!
    03-05-10 08:48 PM
    I think he was talking about the Sprint OS on his Verizon phone....
    03-05-10 08:55 PM
    U got a sprint Tour to work on verizon? Dude, how? Try as I might, vzw won't activate it on my account! Bro, share the love, please man! PM me, email me, send me a smoke signal, something! anything!
    I think you missed the first sentence in the thread..

Put the official Sprint 5.0.0.484 on my Verizon Tour.
    03-05-10 09:19 PM
    All the leaks are verizon based - try the .419 leak
    Thanks - this convinced me to try a .419-based hybrid. Currently writing this while tethered via Desktop Manager. Must have been something with the Sprint files in the stock .484.
    03-06-10 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD