I was reading some post about weather eye being a good weather app for my BB, so I just downloaded it with no problem except it will not let me choose Oakland, NJ for my city it keeps loading Oakland CA. Anybody have any ideas what I am doing wrong?? I am new to the BB and I have a 8130 and I Love it
    any help would be appreciated.

Thankyou
    07-16-08 12:07 AM
    Never knew there was an Oakland, NJ I live in Oakland, CA.
    But sorry, I have no idea how to solve your issue. I had a similar problem with trying to get Pittsburg, CA. I will be paying attention to this thread.
    07-16-08 12:30 AM
    I gave up. Loaded weatherbug instead, seems to be just fine.
    07-16-08 06:04 AM
    US cities seem to be secondary on weather eye. It took me about 4 tries to finally be able to choose Chicago. I only inputed the city name without the state or country. This would'nt work for you since there is an Oakland in Canada. Try choosinf a major city near you and see what happens. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-08 06:10 AM
    I have the same problem adding Hopatcong, NJ it won't take it as a city the nearest city is Newark (used to live there)the weather beween the two can be 6 to 10 degrees difference

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-08 07:37 AM
    Good info. But I did take off weather eye and installed weather bug. It has the temp on the home screen and updates every 30 min. and also has a couple days weather and also radar for your town and many other things I haven't played with yet. (sound like a salesman for weather bug)
    07-16-08 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD