05-27-10 12:06 AM
163 ... 4567
tools
    heh.. i wiped the phone, reloaded the os, and installed all of my apps individually again, thinking it was a problem with my setup... *mutters expletives under breath*
    I'm right there with ya. I wiped my phone, reloaded OS-OS wouldn't reload because it kept saying "email application setup" files not found?, then reloaded .148, something screwed up, reloaded .151, loaded every single application individually and I have about 35-40, Still FB problem persists but its obviously a FB problem and not a "my storm" problem.
    09-17-09 10:58 AM
    mine appears to be intermittently working now... more often than not im happy to say, but its still not *fixed* yet.
    09-17-09 11:20 AM
    I still have this problem after a couple of days. I'm sure Facebook and/or RIM will get it sorted out eventually. It's a bit annoying but whatever!
    09-17-09 11:41 AM
    I can't find anything on FB that says they are working on it or are aware of these problems. Have any of you?
    I 1st started noticing problems last week when I could not post to anyone's update that had been made through the new iphone app. I get an error message that the user is not accessible for this request. Then I started getting notifications that I can not open. I uninstalled the BB FB app and reinstalled and it worked fine for about 15 mins then quit working again.
    Urghhh!!! I want my BB FB app to work!
    09-17-09 01:20 PM
    the only reason i have the FB app on my Blackberry is so that i can upload my mobile pictures - the latest version of FB for Blackberry sux!
    09-17-09 01:27 PM
    the only reason i have the FB app on my Blackberry is so that i can upload my mobile pictures - the latest version of FB for Blackberry sux!
    I cant even load photos from my BB. I have the most up to date ver. I want 7.0 to hurry up.
    09-17-09 02:40 PM
    it seems to be intermittent...it's slowly getting better...i'm getting more and more notifications that i can access...

i've noticed this...if i get an alert, and i somehow find the status comment thread, usually by going to the user's activity stream via their profile, then i can comment, and usually get replies...but if i just go to someone's status and comment from the "home" page, then i get the crappy ones that don't open...i'm doing more experimentation as we speak to try to identify and define the problem, and how to duplicate it...

patches FTW
    09-17-09 02:44 PM
    I noticed last night that if a person updates their status using the FB application, it says "Via Facebook for BlackBerry" now. It use to only be a little phone icon letting you know it was sent from a mobile device...
    09-17-09 02:49 PM
    same problems here, some status comments can be clicked some cannot
    09-17-09 02:54 PM
    the issue is with the new iphone update FB app.... for some reason, it locks out all other mobile apps (blackberry's **grrrrrrrr**).... its like some type of virus, first you cant reply via blackberry's app, and now u cant read a comment even if you commented on it earlier if someone replied via iphone... it really sucks.... forces you mack to m.facebook.com.......
    Damn iPhone screwing up Us BB users!
    I say boycott Apple and all their crappy iProducts.
    09-17-09 03:40 PM
    This topic seems to have some info that may help,,,

Facebook Emails Not Going to Blackberry App | Facebook
    09-17-09 05:07 PM
    This topic seems to have some info that may help,,,

Facebook Emails Not Going to Blackberry App | Facebook
    this helps sorta, but the issue we're discussing started recently, this discussion you provided is months and months old...long before this issue...the one you linked to is for "not getting alerts" vs. "not being able to open/read the alerts once they're delivered"
    09-17-09 05:19 PM
    Yeah, same problem, you are all definitely not crazy. Started yesterday.
    09-17-09 05:36 PM
    its killin me 2...cant open comments or friend requests
    09-17-09 06:10 PM
    what's up with my Bold not being able to open facebook status comments or friend requests?
    09-17-09 07:58 PM
    Same problem for me on the Blackberry Curve...it started happening yesterday. Thank goodness for this thread as I thought it was something I accidentally did.
    09-17-09 08:06 PM
    OMG, I'm having the same problem too. Started yesterday or the day before. I also noticed that new notifications are not being saved. I have notifications from today, and then below that is July 29, 2009. Uhm, hello, where are all my notifications from yesterday, or August for that matter!?
    09-17-09 08:36 PM
    I am having the same problem and I also noticed that when I go to fb on my bb the first icon has changed, it's not just the person anymore
    09-17-09 08:39 PM
    I am having the same issues with comments. And I also noticed that my friends list is only refreshing to 69%, and most of the friends that I cannot open the status of, are the same friends that are not being refreshed and are not showing on the status list. They exist...I know that. LOL. After two days of messing with my BB, I am at least glad to find out it is FB and I hope they fix the prob asap!!
    09-17-09 09:44 PM
    Just read through all the diff threads about this...good to know I'm not alone.

Just like everyone else, my fb problems started up about 2 days ago. Hope they fix this soon.
    09-17-09 10:13 PM
    i uninstalled mine then reinstalled it
    09-18-09 01:10 AM
    I said screw the FB app for now. I'm going back to good ol' email alerts for notifications until the powers that be get the bugs out.
    09-18-09 02:22 AM
    im running .167 on storm and have the same problem its so frustrating
    09-18-09 02:45 AM
    i uninstalled mine then reinstalled it
    did this help?
    09-18-09 04:05 AM
    ok can erryone stop with the "mr. me too"....i think we all know that its effecting most of us....if u find a fix let us know...if not stfu and deal with it...thanx =)
    I agree with this. I keep checking back to see if there is a fix but there is just more and more comments saying "mine does the same thing".
    NEWSFLASH: WE ALL KNOW THE FB APP IS F*CKED.
    No need to keep beating a dead horse.
    Why not just stop this thread and wait for a suggestion or for word on when its fixed???????????????????
    09-18-09 06:31 AM
163 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD