05-27-10 12:06 AM
163 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I am having the same problem on my tour.... I just checked the facebook/blackberry support page and it sounds like its all blackberry users. This comes after I can't respond to status updates when friends use their iphones.
    09-16-09 04:36 PM
    I have been having the same issue since yesterday. I get the notifications go to my message box and nothing opens. I then try to open the notification or comment in the Facebook Application under the notification area and it wont open there either. I have uninstalled, reinstalled and still same issue. I have emailed FB with no response to the issue. It looks like some type of bug that just appeared. I am running a Curve 8310.
    09-16-09 05:09 PM
    Same issue here, I go to the Messages icon on my storm and click on the message from facebook and nothing happens. NOW the only thing I noticed is that if its a friend of yours on your friends list, it opens. If its someone not on your friends list, ie. commented on a status update or picture, it wont open. At least for me. Can anyone confirm?
    i have noticed that too. Except if it is your friend and it opens, you cant post to it... there is something weird going on with the Application.
    09-16-09 05:10 PM
    oh thank god, i seriously thought i was going crazy. im having all the same issues except that my facebook app on my storm keeps logging me out all the time. it gives me an error message saying "your login session has expired, please login again" when i hit close at the bottom of the screen it automatically brings me to the login page where i am prompted to enter my email and password, hit login and then it gives me another error message saying "there has been an issue while communicating with FB" and then it logs me out again! i have tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, wiping my handheld, i even went to verizon and got my phone replaced under warranty! still same issues.. does anyone know when/how to fix this issue before it drives me crazy????
    09-16-09 05:18 PM
    Also just noticed it is the first comment after a status update I cand open. After the first comment everything is fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 05:27 PM
    What theme are you using, OP? I started having the same problem a couple of days ago at the same time I changed themes.
    I'm using a Zen remix theme on .151 I have been having this issue since yesterday or possibly the day before. Not sure. Still not fixed. When I actually open up the FB application and I type something in to share everything seems to work until I actually try to click on the Share icon to post the comment. I have to open up the menu and then click share for it to post. This is weak sauce.
    09-16-09 06:54 PM
    it's not theme related, it's the app its self, it's facebook...it isn't working...for anyone!
    09-16-09 06:58 PM
    i thought it was because i downloaded opera 5. i guess not

09-16-09 07:06 PM
    Same issue here with a BB Curve Verizon.
    09-16-09 07:24 PM
    looks like it's been fixed!
    09-16-09 07:29 PM
    goes for me too on my curve, no changes made on my part recently must be a bug on fb part.
    09-16-09 07:52 PM
    Sometimes I can view a comment and sometimes I can't. Whatever it is its getting really annoying.
    09-16-09 07:58 PM
    Oops! Spoke too quickly! I was able to check a couple. And now it back to clicking and nothing happening... Howfully, facebook will fix it soon!
    09-16-09 08:06 PM
    yo... i'm having the same problem. started last night, i can open anything but peoples comments on my status. i uninstalled fb and reinstalled... that worked for like 15mins then it started happening again... weird!
    09-16-09 08:10 PM
    same thing with me on the storm..i could open one comment but not the other...something real weird
    09-16-09 08:34 PM
    Ohhhhh FB why do you toy with my emotions like this.....
    09-16-09 08:37 PM
    So it's not just me...I can open pokes, but i just get a blank screen, I have to go to the friend list, type in the name and then poke them back from there...

I can't open most status comments after I comment

when someone comments on a wall post, that's fine and when someone writes on my wall, I can reply...

any idea why you have to go to the mobile site when someone comments on a wall post? Why can't that be a part of fb for bb???

This started happening yesterday...I'm sad
    09-16-09 08:43 PM
    i live in Australia and just started having the same problem, but only some friend requests and some comments. Like this morning a friend commented on my status, and i went into it fine, then another friend commented, and i could see his response until i actually went onto the internet.. frustrating!!
    09-16-09 08:48 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I wonder what it is and how long it'll take 2 get fixed.
    09-16-09 08:51 PM
    So this problem just started about a day or so ago. I searched but still have found no answers. Open to any suggestions.

So when I get a Facebook comment I receive the email notification which then notifies me on my BB Storm .151 with the little FB notification icon at the top of the BB screen. I open my messages folder which I have done thousands of times before with no issues, but for some reason when I click on the comment in my messages folder it wont open. Weird. I can click on photo comment notifications no problem, event notifications no problem but I'm just having issues with the comment notifications. I have never had any problems before and I haven't done anything differently to my phone that I know of. I checked the applications permissions and all are set to allow, I have pulled the battery a few times to no avail.
    Also you know when you are viewing an email or sms contained within the message folder you can swipe the screen left or right to access the next or previous email/sms. I can do this for everything but when I get to the Facebook notification containing the comment or any comment for that matter it prompts an error saying "Uncaught Exception: null" It will work fine for all other FB events, photo comments, emails, sms, mms, etc. just not FB comments.
    Anyone else ever experience this and if so what if any are the fixes/solutions? Thank you in advance.
    I had the same problem. As soon as it showed up, it went away. I have been busy trying different themes and consequentially rebooting often. Is this still happening? The FB problem left my phone in the same day it arrived? I have no problem navigating FB now.
    09-16-09 08:56 PM
    Now at the top of the Facebook mobile page its giving me the option to receive messages via text.

Is this related?

09-16-09 08:59 PM
    Same problem here since yesterday. It worked for a little bit in the late afternoon, then nothing. I'll even sometimes get a "Null" exception / error. Uninstalled and reinstalled Facebook but the issue continues.
    09-16-09 09:15 PM
    For me the problem has been on and off. I could get a few dozen updates tha I can open just fine, then one craps out. And to make matters worse I could get a few more later on that work, but I still can't open that one, untill I quick pull.
    09-16-09 09:21 PM
    Thanks for posting - Glad its not my blackberry.
    09-16-09 09:25 PM
    Thanks for posting - Glad its not my blackberry.
    Yea, I am glad it's not your blackberry to, but I think the issue is related to the FB app. Not blackberry.
    09-16-09 09:28 PM
163 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD