Hi I've got a BB8900 on t-mobile UK OS 5.0 and I d/l the blackberry twitter app. today but I am unable to login. When I try I get the message "twitter service is unavailable". Is anyone else having this problem. My login details are correct . If anyone can help I'd much appreciate it.
    04-09-10 10:32 AM
    Same for me.

The app doesn't seem to connect at all. No arrows in the top right corner. Doesn't try to verify my password, just "Twitter services are currently unavailable"

I'm DMing with @BlackBerryHelp on Twitter as I speak trying to solve the problem.

I also have kind of the same issue with RIM's Flickr app too.

Reboots, hard-reboots, reinstalls doesn't seem to change anything at all.
    04-09-10 01:45 PM
    Ok so BlackBerryHelp on Twitter don't know what the problem is, even though they didn't really wanted to know. Nevermind, I'm done struggling with this, just using Seesmic, still got push direct message via email notification and direct e-mail upload for Flickr.

Filing this into the X-files.
    04-09-10 03:42 PM
    I installed on my 9700........no issue at all. Logged right in.

I actually like it......I am somewhat a Blackberry newb and Twitter newb (still trying to figure twitter out). Didn't do anything special.......I simply downloaded BBT and logged in. I had to go to Twitter.com first and log in to verify my login before setting up/logging in to BBT.

My only problem is turning it off

I only use Twitter to follow/track a couple of Twitter outputs (crackberry, baseball, etc) so I have simply been turning my Ubertwitter on 2-3 times a day to check for updates. I simply clicked on UT to turn it on and went into the menu and clicked 'Exit Ubertwitter" to turn it off.

With BBT.........there is no 'exit'.......it stays on when you 'close' so it's running all the time. You have to go into 'Options' and 'Log Off' to turn it off. Between email/SMS/BBM etc. I have enough notifications. I don't want to deal with constant twitter notifications all day.

Anyway..........I found that it downloaded and ran smoothly........no problems here.
    04-10-10 06:53 AM
    @nicoburp I had exactly the same problem with Flickr before this and your so right Blackberry Help on twitter were no help at all.I'm glad I'm not the only one tho as everyone else seems to be using it with no problems and I wondered if it was something I'm doing. I've given up for now but I'd still love to know what the problem is.
    04-10-10 11:44 AM
    Apologies for posting this in the wrong place originally..I did have an internal debate with myself whether the app was native or 3rd party clearly I was wrong...lol

Twitter App now Working

On the recommendation of Blackberry Help I called my service provider; t-mobile in my case, and they did an software update and now the app is working perfectly.
    04-12-10 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD