when logging into app world, I get an error: " BB App World is having trouble connecting to the BB App World server. Verify your network connections and try again."

This is what I have done: Deleted BB App World and service books. HRT and battery pull. downloaded BB App World. Sent service books.

Same thing happens. I've been having this problem for two days. I also reset my password, that took the whole day. since then I am unable to use BB App World.
    08-29-10 03:31 PM
    What version of App World do you/did you have? Were there any changes to your plan/services with your carrier?
    08-29-10 04:15 PM
    my bb shows the same thing. But I bought my bb alone without any carrier, and then use vodaphone's simcard with it, I didn't buy the BIS, so why can't I even get connected to the bb app world?
    08-29-10 07:14 PM
    Make sure Wi-fi is not only turned on but actually connected.
    08-29-10 08:21 PM
    my bb shows the same thing. But I bought my bb alone without any carrier, and then use vodaphone's simcard with it, I didn't buy the BIS, so why can't I even get connected to the bb app world?
    You cannot use App World without a BlackBerry data plan (BIS).

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    08-29-10 08:24 PM
    I was having trouble logging in last night; I reentered my password about 12 times, it finally let me in. You could try that.
    08-29-10 09:29 PM
    I had the same issue ever since I installed the new app world. It was driving me crazy and angry. 15 minutes ago I found a sollution. It works for me and might work for you guys as well. I hope it does and isn't just some weird coincedence.

Try this:

Set your GRPS to 2G (plain 2G, NOT 3G and 2G) and turn on Bluetooth.

App world should be able to connect to the servers now. At least after fiddling with the settings it works for me now. I guess it is a software issue.

Please let me know if it worked for you.

Bold 9700 - Vodafone - Germany
    08-29-10 09:36 PM
    You cannot use App World without a BlackBerry data plan (BIS).

Actually, you can.
    08-29-10 10:38 PM
    I believe you can over wifi; I can. Not 100% sure, since I still have BIS, but with my data turned off and wifi turned on I can do whatever I want in App World.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-10 10:46 PM
    i cant log in over wifi
    08-29-10 11:02 PM
    i cant log in over wifi
    Wi-Fi will only work if you have a BlackBerry data plan. Without it, you lack the necessary service books for App World.

08-29-10 11:52 PM
    Actually, you can.
    That is incorrect. From RIM's site: "To make sure that the BlackBerry smartphone will support BlackBerry App World, it must have the following:

BlackBerry App World 2.0 - BlackBerry� Device Software 4.5 to 6.0 (Click Options, then select About from the BlackBerry smartphone to check the installed software version).
    A trackpad, trackball or SurePress� touch screen
    A service plan that includes access to the BlackBerry� Browser"

Access to the BlackBerry Browser requires a data plan (BIS or BES).

Hotspot browser without a BlackBerry data plan will not provide access to RIM's servers, since the service books will be missing.
    08-30-10 12:38 AM
    I believe you can over wifi; I can. Not 100% sure, since I still have BIS, but with my data turned off and wifi turned on I can do whatever I want in App World.

It is possible to turn off data and use Wi-Fi if one has BIS or BES. The service books that are needed are present. App World will not work via Wi-Fi without a proper BlackBerry data plan.
    08-30-10 12:40 AM
    Service books? So that's why! I've had BIS activated on all of my devices, whether swapping one SIM or having multiple SIM cards with BIS. The devices that don't currently have a BIS account still have the Service Books and as long as I have a SIM with voice, App World is fully functional with Wi-Fi.

08-30-10 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD