I'm brand new to this stuff, just got my Storm Friday as my first BB but been reading all over this site all weekend learning how to use it. Love it so far. Odd thing is I can't kill App Center from the running apps list all of a sudden. Accessing list by holding down the Menu/BB key. I've tried checking and unchecking "auto refresh list" in app center menu, tried clicking "close" in same menu, tried restarting device after each attempt above, nothing will remove the app center icon from the running apps menu. Also if I click the icon in the running apps menu it just goes back to the main screen with all of the icons, doesn't open app center unless I click on that icon form the main screen. Other icons in running apps list are Browser, Home Screen, Phone, Messages, BB Messenger. As I understand from reading this site this weekend these five should never go away. Today app center joined their club! I installed Trapster last night, only change I can think of.

Thanks for any help, God bless,

-BunnMan
    Last edited by BunnMan; 01-19-09 at 10:18 PM.
    01-19-09 09:20 PM
    I have the same problem BunnMan and would rather it not be running all the time. I cannot find any "startup applications" list in the setup. Other apps that I cannot figure out how to set to not start on boot or even how to close them:
    Google Talk - I use, but don't want to auto-load (and sign in)
    Blackberry Messenger - don't use at all, but don't want to uninstall it really
    Application Center - why does this need to be running?
    *sometimes the BB browser will not exit out completely also
    01-19-09 09:33 PM
    This has been answered several times. Rather than duplicate effort needlessly, run a search, It shouldn't take you long to find an answer.

May Thor's Hammer light your path!
    01-19-09 09:34 PM
    The icon you see running is the app center auto update feature. If you open up app center and then open the app switcher you will see two instances running (one for the auto update and one for the app center itself). I know you tried this but do it one more time. With the app center still open, press the BB key and click Auto Refresh List to remove the checkmark. Now pull the battery out (with the device still on) and leave it out for 30 seconds. Place the battery back into the device and let it boot back up. Now go to the app switcher and check to see if the app center appears (it shouldn't).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 09:37 PM
    Hey BUNNMAN, have you tried to use the "close" option for app center?
    App center
    BB button
    close.
    01-19-09 09:37 PM
    I have the same problem BunnMan and would rather it not be running all the time. I cannot find any "startup applications" list in the setup. Other apps that I cannot figure out how to set to not start on boot or even how to close them:
    Google Talk - I use, but don't want to auto-load (and sign in)
    Blackberry Messenger - don't use at all, but don't want to uninstall it really
    Application Center - why does this need to be running?
    *sometimes the BB browser will not exit out completely also
    There are 5 applications that are always running on the BB. They are Messages, Browser, Home Screen, Phone and Blackberry Messenger.

01-19-09 09:42 PM
    There are 5 applications that are always running on the BB. They are Messages, Browser, Home Screen, Phone and Blackberry Messenger.

Thanks ArmaK. I'm trying your solution for the app center right now. I suppose if BB messenger is forced to be on if installed I will just uninstall it. Why is this required to be running?
    01-19-09 10:01 PM
    Armak,

Tried your solution and the battery pull did it. Went through all those other steps listed, which were found by doing a search before posting, a few times with no result. None of the other recommendations gave the battery pull as a step though I've seen it used to fix other troubles that I kinda figured were "worse" than mine. Hope this worked for you too xigxag!

Thanks for being helpful my friend,

God bless,

-BunnMan
    01-19-09 10:29 PM
    Armak,

Tried your solution and the battery pull did it. Went through all those other steps listed, which were found by doing a search before posting, a few times with no result. None of the other recommendations gave the battery pull as a step though I've seen it used to fix other troubles that I kinda figured were "worse" than mine. Hope this worked for you too xigxag!

Thanks for being helpful my friend,

God bless,

-BunnMan
    Your welcome BunnMan. That's what these forums are here for, to help and share information between each other. There are many that will just tell you to do a search for everything but then there are those of us that will lay everything out step by step since it is hard to find some solutions buried in the threads. The battery pull comes in handy to fix a lot of problems. I recommend that you install QuickPull if you haven't since it allows for you to do a battery pull by clicking a button instead of physically removing the battery. Also welcome to CB and congratulation on purchasing the storm.

Last edited by ArmaK; 01-19-09 at 10:45 PM.
    01-19-09 10:42 PM
    all you need to do is cut off the auto-update on the app center. hope that helps.
    01-19-09 11:27 PM
    Thanks ArmaK. I'm trying your solution for the app center right now. I suppose if BB messenger is forced to be on if installed I will just uninstall it. Why is this required to be running?
    same reason why the phone is always on... so that you actually receive a message when one is sent to you.
    01-20-09 10:43 AM
    BBMessenger (if you closed it) isn't really running in the background, just like the Browser isn't either if you properly closed it. The task ribbon (for core apps that have been closed) is also used as a quick link bar as well for the core apps used on a BB.
    01-20-09 10:52 AM
    I thought I saw that you need to disable auto update and then when you close it out it wont show up at all.
    01-20-09 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD