I finally was able to upgrade to the 5.0.0.328 OS, is it normal to have every download failed when trying to install application or themes for the media card? So far it's not letting me install anything via media card...not even OS 5.0 themes? Help anyone? :S
    12-16-09 08:18 PM
    They have to be downloaded and installed in the phone's memory itself, you can't save themes and apps to the media card. Unless you know a secret, it won't work.
    12-16-09 08:28 PM
    unlike the 4.7 OS i can't install any .jad files weather it's themes of apps via media card onto the phone? I would have to go through the DM with .axl files?
    12-16-09 09:11 PM
    Are you sure you installed them to memory card with 4.7 or did you install them directly to the app memory like the rest of us?

Can you download directly to the phone memory or is that the problem you are having?
    12-16-09 09:21 PM
    sorry i didn't clarify...i install them directly to the app memory with themes I saved on to my media card with .jad files. I'm trying to repeat the same process, but since i installed the 5.0.0.328 OS it's been giving me this "download fail" when i click on details it says "907 Invalid COD" But when I create a .axl file with given .cod files for a certain apps or theme, the installation works fine on the DM. Currently can't install themes or apps OTA
    Last edited by fu53d; 12-16-09 at 09:42 PM.
    12-16-09 09:36 PM
    Doing a search on that error code, it seems to be a very common problem.

A couple of solutions seem to be to delete the previous version of the app you are trying to install. Be sure the theme or app does not already exist in Options>Applications.

If it has been properly deleted, have you done a battery pull since it was deleted? If not, try that.

Grasping for other solutions: You might want to try going to Backup/Restore in DM and then to Advanced. From the dropdown menu go to Themes and clear all data. Be aware that it will not delete the themes, but it will delete your setup so you will need to reestablish you folders and move things around again.

You can try this for other apps you are trying to download. Look to see if there is a reference to them even if you have downloaded.

Good luck.
    12-16-09 10:26 PM
    DJM, i certainly appreciate your time and effort in replying and helping me out. I will certainly give those a shot! Thanks for everything.
    12-17-09 02:07 PM
    you cannot install JADs of a memory card. It doesnt work like that. you have to download the JAD files from websites.
    12-17-09 02:52 PM
    you cannot install JADs of a memory card. It doesnt work like that. you have to download the JAD files from websites.
    Matt, in post #5 the OP also said he cannot install themes or apps via OTA.
    12-17-09 03:54 PM
    options /memory /Media /Transfer Prtotocal (MTP) = On

I bet your 5.XX install has turned this to OFF as default.
    01-04-10 06:59 AM
    options /memory /Media /Transfer Prtotocal (MTP) = On

I bet your 5.XX install has turned this to OFF as default.

What does this do? I don't understand why you would want to install from the sd card if you have it all backed up on your pc.....
    01-04-10 02:35 PM
    a JAD file is like a director, it tells the OS to install the COD files which must be included with the JAD file. you can not just store JAD files on your SD card and install stuff. What you are wanting to do will not work

example:

app.jad
    cod1.cod
    cod2.cod
    cod3.cod

you would click the JAD file and then the OS would install the 3 COD files onto the device. You can do this via a PC using BBSAK if you have all files required. but a JAD file without the CODS will not work which is why you get the 907 error.
    Last edited by howarmat; 01-04-10 at 02:50 PM.
    01-04-10 02:47 PM
    From the post above, i gathered it DID indeed have the .cod files on the sd aswell. (which does work)
    01-04-10 04:39 PM
    so ok where can i download good themes cause i have some but they have to be installed by usb and i dont have one its just.alx and cod i need the .jad files
    02-18-10 11:15 PM
    why cant you use the alx and cod?
    02-18-10 11:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD