I've downloaded the Opera Mini zip to my computer, unzipped it, and directed Blackberry Desktop (version 6.0.1.18) to the folder. It copies the alx file, but not the cod file. Under applications I can find Opera Mini, but it needs to be installed. I click on the plus sign, and it says Pending Install. I click on Apply and it appears to install. However, it is now back to showing it needs to be installed. What gives?
    02-16-11 11:45 PM
    I can't the firmware update to succeed either (fails about 1.3 of the way through, saying I should check my net connection) and I've run into the same problem with LogicMail 2.0 and Opera 5.1 as I did with Opera 4.2. Could it be the version of Blackberry Desktop Software that is the problem? Or is there another reason my Blackberry firmware and apps can't be installed?
    02-17-11 01:08 PM
    Can't expect much help here, huh?
    02-20-11 10:46 PM
    try downloading and installing directly to your phone, go to your browser and download the install from there!!!
    02-28-11 01:20 PM
    I'm using the BB without a SIM card, strictly as a PDA with wifi. The browser that comes with the BB will only work with a data plan, so I couldn't do that. I ended up reinstalling the OS through the Desktop and in the process it correctly installed Opera and LogicMail. Still can't update the OS firmware though. Thanks for responding and at least trying to help though
    02-28-11 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD