I have a blackberry curve 83xx and everytime i download a new app. I cant find it. It shows up in my options-advanced options-applications file. How can i find the app's on my main screen so i can use them.
    10-09-09 09:43 AM
    First thing to try is a battery pull.

Next thing is to hit Menu > Show All on the home screen.
    10-09-09 10:43 AM
    I have done both of those and they still don't show up. When you download a new app what file does it go into?
    10-09-09 04:02 PM
    It goes into your BB's memory.
    10-09-09 05:20 PM
    You didn't mention which apps you've installed. In some cases, apps add functionality to certain BB operations, but don't show up as separate icons.

For example:

1.) Message peek.
    No app icon, but a BB menu item shows when you're reading messages named "Preview setting".

2.) Later dude
    No app icon, but if you show the BB menu from the dialing screen, a "Remind me later" option can be seen.

3.) Onto calendar / onto tasks
    No app icon, but on message or phone screens, the options to "Add to task / add to calendar" will show on the BB menu.

Finding where you new app's icon is, or where the new function is hidden can be frustrating. If you post back with the apps you're working with, someone might have some working familiarity with them and be able to help.

W.
    10-17-09 01:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD