I am using my Bold 9700 and it says I have Blackberry maps installed, but I never have been able to find it, I only found it once, and ever since then I cant find it again.

Can somebody please help me and point me in the right direction!! I know its installed because it says installed when I open BB Desktop Manager and it says installed..

Thanks for your help!

-Chris
    09-29-10 05:05 PM
    it'll be in your applications folder. you may have hidden it, might want to be sure you've got show all marked.
    09-29-10 05:10 PM
    Have you tried going into the first menu, hitting the Blackberry key and going to "show all"?
    09-29-10 05:11 PM
    Have you tried going into the first menu, hitting the Blackberry key and going to "show all"?
    Yes....of course, that's why I don't understand where it could be lol. I showed all, left showed all open, went into all the folders, no where to be found..
    09-29-10 05:13 PM
    it'll be in your applications folder. you may have hidden it, might want to be sure you've got show all marked.
    Showed all, and its still not there.
    09-29-10 05:14 PM
    How about a reinstall of BB maps?
    09-29-10 05:16 PM
    You've got advice given to you, try it:

Connect your blackberry to your computer, launch desktop manager, click Application loader, check off blackberry maps, click next, it will be installed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-10 05:50 PM
    You've got advice given to you, try it:

Connect your blackberry to your computer, launch desktop manager, click Application loader, check off blackberry maps, click next, it will be installed.

Its already installed.....I cant find the Icon....lol
    09-29-10 06:32 PM
    Chris, You are on AT&T like me.

AT&T blocks BB Maps, trying to sell you their Navigator service.

There is a file you need to download, It's called "Ribbon," I think. Anyway, it's a launcher for it. Or, use another program to launch it like QuickLaunch. I use a Geocaching Program called CacheSense and it can launch it.

But, you aren't going crazy. The Files are on your phone, but AT&T is hiding them from you.
    09-29-10 06:33 PM
    Its already installed.....I cant find the Icon....lol
    look on the Desktop. If it's not there, the start menu should have it. If it's not there still, reinstall it.

09-29-10 06:38 PM
    OK, check post 7 in this thread..
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=522074

Or, try the launcher listed in the 2nd post,
    09-29-10 06:39 PM

There is a file you need to download, It's called "Ribbon," I think. Anyway, it's a launcher for it. Or, use another program to launch it like QuickLaunch. I use a Geocaching Program called CacheSense and it can launch it.

But, you aren't going crazy. The Files are on your phone, but AT&T is hiding them from you.
    Thanks a lot! That makes sense. I don't really care anyway, I mean just use Google Maps or Waze, But I saw the icon before and I was just wondering why it went away. Thanks for the information!
    09-29-10 06:40 PM
    look on the Desktop. If it's not there, the start menu should have it. If it's not there still, reinstall it.

No Brian, AT&T hides the icon from us. Not sure how they do it, especially if you are using another carrier's OS build, but they do.

It's installed, Chris just needs the Ribbon file to make the Icon Show up.
    09-29-10 06:42 PM
    Thanks a lot! That makes sense. I don't really care anyway, I mean just use Google Maps or Waze, But I saw the icon before and I was just wondering why it went away. Thanks for the information!
    I don't care for BB Maps. I use Google maps myself. So, to save memory space, I strip BB Maps out of the OS builds with Shrink-a-os.
    09-29-10 06:43 PM
    I feel like RIM has kind of let BBMaps languish. Maybe they have something cool in store. I use Google maps for most everything. A few things I like about BBMaps are its near instant load times, fast satellite acquisition, and super fast map loads (if a bit low on detail). I also have Bing installed for redundancy. I find it a bit slow (the WinMo version was superior). I just started Bing to play around and compare and there is a new version... let's see how it is.
    09-30-10 03:03 AM
    I have had blackberry maps since day one with the Torch on August 12th. I downloaded the ribbon file and all was great until two days ago. I noticed that the bbmaps icon disappeared. I downloaded the ribbon again and it was fine for a few hours, but disappeared again. This time I unistalled maps entirely and reinstalled with desktop manager and the icon showed back up. Now it is gone again. It will be visible for say an hour and just go away, even with out using the phone. It disappeared overnight one time. I can find it by using universal search and can launch it just fine. I have the phone set to show all and I have no idea where it is.
    Last edited by mhicok; 09-30-10 at 09:46 PM.
    09-30-10 10:20 AM

Wow thanks for clearing that up! I've never been able to find mine...but I know it's there b/c Poynt uses it for directions etc. I just figured that one day this question would be asked and the answer would be given Learn something new everyday!
    09-30-10 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD