I got this email asking me to upgrade BB App World.
    After downloading it , I restarted the device and... no more icon.
    The new BB App World (2.1.2.19) is on the phone but I can't open it..

The battery pull hasn't changed anything..
    I'm on OS 6.0.0.448
    I don't know what to do..

To be continued...
    05-26-11 09:22 AM
    I had the same problem. I just searched "BlackBerry App World" on my BlackBerry browser and downloaded it from the internet. When it came to downloading it, it asked if I wanted to replace my existing App World which was the updated one funnily enough. I accepted it and after the installation, the icon appeared.
    JackJerry and WDH like this.
    05-26-11 10:05 AM
    From the phone's browser just download again:

BlackBerry - App World - Official Store for BlackBerry Apps
    JackJerry likes this.
    05-26-11 10:23 AM
    Same here, got message to update BB App World and after the reboot, the icon was nowhere to be found, not in folders, even did "show all", nothing!
    05-26-11 10:39 AM
    Me too, just downloaded it from the browser & it's on now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    JackJerry likes this.
    05-26-11 10:48 AM
    I'm having the same issue - no where to be found! That's annoying, considering the reason for the release was to fix missing bb app world icons on os 4.6 and 4.7. I see another quick release in our future.
    05-26-11 10:53 AM
    Same here. Just downloaded again and all's fine.

JackJerry likes this.
    05-26-11 11:51 AM
    Same thing happened to me this morning... like others have said, just download it through the browser and it will re-appear.

not a big deal, but annoying!
    JackJerry and flyingspatula like this.
    05-26-11 11:55 AM
    Thank You very much guys !!
    05-26-11 01:55 PM
    I have not been able to re-download this. Either from my phone or online. I'm not finding a download or a barcode nothing.
    05-26-11 02:34 PM
    Just go to BlackBerry App World from your blackberry and redownload it. It shows up again.
    05-26-11 02:39 PM
    I have not been able to re-download this. Either from my phone or online. I'm not finding a download or a barcode nothing.
    I posted a link in post#3
    05-26-11 02:40 PM
    What's the solution here guys? I"ve downloaded & re-downloaded from the PC and the Berry and pulled the battery 6 times now. Still no App World!?

I would appreciate it if all you Geniuses could help me out here.
    It's oviously working for some and not others. Namely me.
    I'm running a Bold 9700 - OS 6.0.0.448

Thanks
    pccaptain
    Delete it in application management and install again via the browser or install an older version via Loader.exe file in your OS folder.
    05-26-11 07:24 PM
    Downloaded the BB App World (2.1.2.19) today too, restarted the phone to find it not there... The version before it (ending in x.x.x.15) fixed the issue the version before had.

05-26-11 09:32 PM
    I got the damned thing!
    I downloaded via the PC & USB connection and finished off with a battery pull.
    I did nothing different today then yesterday however whatever works!
    I guess the Sun must be in the right position today?

pccaptain
    05-27-11 03:56 PM
    Same thing happened to me. I upgraded App World using the application itself and after restarting the icon disappeared. The next thing I did was using BB browser to download App World at BlackBerry App World. It fixed the problem. Is it a bug?
    05-27-11 11:44 PM
    Same thing happened to me. I upgraded App World using the application itself and after restarting the icon disappeared. The next thing I did was using BB browser to download App World at BlackBerry App World. It fixed the problem. Is it a bug?
    Has to be but for this version because the version before ending in X.X.X.15 didn't have this issue.

05-28-11 12:21 AM
    Same here...dl it yesterday and it was gone completely! Maybe BB figured their app world is so poor, nobody will miss it - lol!
    05-28-11 08:13 PM
    I downloaded first from the app world itself, then after the icon disappeared, i downloaded itagain from the App world site and it is still missing. any ideas?
    05-28-11 11:10 PM
    I've downloaded it like three times already it still won't show
    11-21-12 08:36 AM
    Dear,

There can be multiple issue for BB app world icon does nto appear on your phone.

1. ICON is hidden
    Resolution: Go to home screeen and press BB button and select show all icons.

2. You have deleted the icon and reinstall the BB app from browser will resolve the issue.

3. Getting 907 error while installing BB app world from browser.
    resolution: I have gone through multiple solution on sites but does not get resolved.

Please Backup your blackberry from on your computer with blackberry desktop manager.
    Wipe out the blackberry from options > security > wipe (please select third party application also.) type blackberry to wipe out.
    Download app world after wipe and it shall work.

Thanks.

Trilok Mohnani
    12-09-12 02:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD