Hi guys. My friend has the 8530 on the sprint network. She wasn't able to find app woeld so she redownloaded and still could not find it. I searched all folders, changed themes to see if it might show up and nothing. However when I go to options/applications/add-ons, it shows that it's there. I also tried to redl it myself and can't find it. All of the apps/games she dl'd are still there. Any idea what might be going on? Oh yeah she also took to best buy and they could not find it. Its running me insaneeee lol. Any help is appreciated!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-10 12:29 PM
    Hi guys. My friend has the 8530 on the sprint network. She wasn't able to find app woeld so she redownloaded and still could not find it. I searched all folders, changed themes to see if it might show up and nothing. However when I go to options/applications/add-ons, it shows that it's there. I also tried to redl it myself and can't find it. All of the apps/games she dl'd are still there. Any idea what might be going on? Oh yeah she also took to best buy and they could not find it. Its running me insaneeee lol. Any help is appreciated!

:/

If this is the bug I think it is...

Well, try a battery pull. See if it works. If it doesn't, uninstall and pull again.

If when the device loads you install and still can't find it (should either be in the Application Screen or in the Downloads folder in it) you hit one of the most annoyin bugs I even found.

Gonna have to downgrade the device to whatever OS version below the one yo have (ALT+ L SHIFT + H will tell what version you got) and then upgrade back to the one you have (or a new one) and install App World.

I do hope the pull fixes it.

Good luck!
    07-09-10 12:45 PM
    Yeah, I'd suggest doing a battery pull, also.

If it still doesn't show up, an OS update (or reload) might probably fix it.
    07-09-10 12:59 PM
    i went on blackberry.com and clicked the link to send to my emails. There was a link inside the email to directly download the app world. my 8520 didnt come with it either.
    07-10-10 05:22 AM
    Hye. I'm having the same problem too. I have no idea no fix it. Its very frustating.

07-10-10 02:29 PM
    I've tried the bat pull but still didn't work. Where to downgrade or reinstall the OS?? Can we do ourself? OS stands for what eh?

07-10-10 03:02 PM
    I'm using BB curve 8520 atm.

07-10-10 04:09 PM
    What's with the multiply sentences?!

07-10-10 04:38 PM
    Thanks btw. Were cool.

07-10-10 04:56 PM
    You could even try the search function that comes with this site.
    Any questions?
    Althou I am 100% with you that people love to post things that have been answered multiple times, I must point out that the person you were talking to was on the WAP forums, which as not exactly the best place for searching.

Let's keep it cool around here, this is one of the best boards on the forum because of how we try to help.

I agree people should do their homework (and actually, not SMS/BBM behind wheels) but try to keep it cool.
    07-10-10 06:08 PM
    Diego's right, and don't expect people to know everything about BB's (or CrackBerry)... especially when they're "newbie"...
    07-10-10 06:13 PM
    I agree completely, and I have no ill will towards anyone on this thread, although, when one takes the time to ask for an answer, one should read those answers. I also have been posting from my Blackberry, although not from my WAP browser.

I have no intention of denigrating anyone. Sorry it came across that way.
    Good. Now let's shake hands and move on.

Since now I know you're a guy, "kiss and make up" does not sound appealing.
    07-10-10 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD