I've searched and can NOT find any Paypal app for my new Bold 9780?

Anyone know if there even "is" one?

:-(

Sad...just coming from an iPhone to a BB and geez...you're kidding right?

Jim
    10-05-11 02:50 PM
    Whatever you do... don't contact paypal: They are too stupid to understand that the 9700 app works on the 9780.

Luckily for you (and me), I'm not: http://papogp.com/bbapps/PayPal.jad

Now. BLAME PAYPAL! "geez... you're kiddin right"?
    raino, miz_pimp and moose77 like this.
    10-05-11 03:34 PM
    sorry, real new to this BB ****e...

what is a .jad file? I was able to d/l same to my win7 box...but I've no idea on what or how to "install" that - if - it even is the PayPal app for the 9780

???
    10-05-11 03:39 PM
    sorry, real new to this BB ****e...

what is a .jad file? I was able to d/l same to my win7 box...but I've no idea on what or how to "install" that - if - it even is the PayPal app for the 9780

???
    Use your BlackBerry browser and click on the .jad link above.

This will download and install the app directly onto your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-11 04:14 PM
    Whatever you do... don't contact paypal: They are too stupid to understand that the 9700 app works on the 9780.

Thanks! I've been looking for this myself, since updating to the 9780!
    10-06-11 03:52 AM
    10-06-11 06:14 AM
    If you can get your 9780, fire up App World and download it, let me know what dark magic did you use.

Here is what I get when I scan that barcode... Unavailable for your device.

Last edited by diegonei; 10-06-11 at 08:40 AM.
    10-06-11 08:36 AM
    When BB had their AppWorld ver 2.0 the PayPal system used to work very well. I had my PayPal linked with AppWorld & it was all hassle-free operation.

When AppWorld moved to ver 3.0 I found my PayPal account linking was all messed up. I could NO longer buy stuff from AppWorld. Ultimately, I got fed up and Linked my CC directly with the Visa/Master system in AppWorld and ever since then, its been again hassle-free. (Only thing its not PayPal linked) but a direct Visa/Master transfer.
    10-06-11 10:04 AM
    My appworld 3.0 works fine with Paypal. I just bought an app with no errors.
    10-07-11 12:21 AM
    When BB had their AppWorld ver 2.0 the PayPal system used to work very well. I had my PayPal linked with AppWorld & it was all hassle-free operation.

When AppWorld moved to ver 3.0 I found my PayPal account linking was all messed up. I could NO longer buy stuff from AppWorld. Ultimately, I got fed up and Linked my CC directly with the Visa/Master system in AppWorld and ever since then, its been again hassle-free. (Only thing its not PayPal linked) but a direct Visa/Master transfer.
    Sorry to hear that, but then again, this is not about PayPal services or App World. It is about the PayPall for BlackBerry app. Which I spent a week fighting PayPal's re**rded customer service about.

Eventually, I managed to get my hands on the cod, downloaded on a different device. I see they updated it. I'll be glad to host the new version if somebody can provice me with the cod.
    10-07-11 09:52 AM

So is this the correct version? I have downloaded and installed it but have not used it yet.
    10-10-11 07:58 AM
    yup. from the above link I went and got the .jad file and it installed and it works perfectly on my 9780!

so muchly appreciated Phill_UK !

:-)

Jim
    10-13-11 01:00 PM
    yup. from the above link I went and got the .jad file and it installed and it works perfectly on my 9780!

so muchly appreciated Phill_UK !

:-)

Jim
    Funny, I thought I had uploaded the files to my server and posted the link here. I must be very confused!
    10-13-11 08:17 PM
    Thanks! I've been looking for this myself, since updating to the 9780!
    the link is not working anymore. can anyone reup it ? thx a ton.
    11-02-11 08:02 AM
    the link is not working anymore. can anyone reup it ? thx a ton.
    The OTA link in the second post works perfectly. You have to use your BB browser to download.

neol99 likes this.
    11-02-11 08:47 AM
    i downloaded it and copy pasted it to my media card. when i click on the jad file it asks me to download 1.4mb file and when i try to download it i get the message - download failed.

i have installed few apps previously in the same fashion but this one is somehow not getting downloaded ?

any help

thanks
    11-04-11 01:04 AM
    The OTA link in the second post works perfectly. You have to use your BB browser to download.

lol ok i got it. i manually typed the url and forgot to hit the caps lock while typing PayPal. i typed paypal.. lol
    11-06-11 02:40 AM
    Hot dog. Clicked the link in 2nd post, installed, disabled compatibility mode and works perfect so far on my 9850.

11-06-11 10:47 PM
    Hello,

I keep getting this error every time i try to make a payment -

system error. Please try again later.

I am a resident of India and use 9780.

any one else having the same problem ?
    12-07-11 12:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD