i have an unlocked javelin from t-mobile, and i'm using my fido simcard here in bc. it is v5.0.0.93, yet i can't download the facebook app from the site. when i downloaded the app from blackberry app world, but everytime i click "run" nothing happens; so basically the facebook app won't download onto my bb. when i try to download facebook app from the site, or from the blackberry site, it says

Notice
    Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Facebook.

please help!
    08-03-09 11:49 PM
    Look in the beta OS part for a fix but I believe this is a common error with 5.0

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 11:57 PM
    OS 5.0 has many bugs. One of those is that Facebook does not work with it. You really should do your research before installing a beta OS such as 5.0 on your device.
    08-03-09 11:59 PM
    i dont think any of the 5.0 OS's support FB, not to mention, a bunch of other applications. this is why i wont use 5.0 until it does.
    08-04-09 12:00 AM
    darn.. cause when i got the phone, it came with 5.0. :S

is there anyway to downgrade it? or do i have to wait until they fix things up?
    08-04-09 12:07 AM
    you can back up your phone in desktop manager, save the backup file in your computer. download the OS you want, install it on your PC (i personally use 4.6.1.250). then reinstall it on your phone and after, restore your phone with the backup file u created before. search the forums, theres a more detailed how-to concerning backup/reinstalling OS's.
    08-04-09 12:30 AM
    Check the downgrade procedure link in my signature. There is also a 101 lecture on that very topic.
    08-04-09 01:01 AM
    Check the downgrade procedure link in my signature. There is also a 101 lecture on that very topic.
    BINGO!!!!!!!!!
    08-04-09 05:29 AM
    yeah i had the same issues as you about the FB app and a few others, thanks to the brill help of this forum im now down to 4.6!
    08-04-09 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD