Please guys.. I need so me help.

I just got my new Blackberry is Curve 8350i.
    My OS version is 4.6.1.313
    My browser set on device is Blackberry.
    The page address I'm trying to download from is mobile.blackberry.com
    My carrier is Sprint/Nextel.

At this moment my device is connected on my home Wi-Fi network.

From my device browser whenever I try to download the BB App World it gives me a message: "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are need to support BB App World."

When I go on Help & Support from the same online page, on "Set-Up Your Email"; it says: "Please use your BB device to acess this site. Desktop Browser Not Supported".

When I try to set my email from the device menu Wizard Setup it only gives the option to set through Enterprise Server. I'm not a user.

I have downloaded the Facebook app from the same web page describe above. But whenever i try to connect it, It gives me the message: "Could not connect because a data service is not available."

I don't have a data plan in my account. I'm not interest in using their network for online services. But the question is: Do I need one even if connected through a Wi-Fi network?

When I called my carrier and explaned the situation the attendance told my I need some kind of BB attachments in my phone. He said they would fix, but apparently didn't work.

Thanks a lot.
    02-21-10 02:14 PM
    I don't have a data plan in my account. I'm not interest in using their network for online services. But the question is: Do I need one even if connected through a Wi-Fi network?
    Unfortunately, yes. You will require a BlackBerry data plan even if connected to a WiFi network in order to get a good chunk of apps working.

Here are a few:
    a) Native e-mail client, BlackBerry Messenger
    b) BlackBerry App World
    c) Facebook, Windows Live Messenger, pretty much everything made by RIM
    d) Google Apps like Gmail, Google Maps, Google Sync (actually these work with a regular data plan)
    e) the list goes on and on and on...

Currently it's not of much use to have WiFi on a BlackBerry as many apps still require a BlackBerry data plan in order to function... Of course there are many alternatives you can use, but they are not complete and lack the quality and integration of the native apps.

Good luck.
    02-21-10 02:46 PM
    L3IDE,

I private messaged you a solution to your problem. I could not post it here because I don't have enough posts to attach a website to the forums yet. If it works for you please post for everyone to see.
    02-21-10 06:12 PM
    Can you send how to use BB app work too and BB messanger. Please

L3IDE,

I private messaged you a solution to your problem. I could not post it here because I don't have enough posts to attach a website to the forums yet. If it works for you please post for everyone to see.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 09:49 PM
    Wow that sucks!!! So a Blackberry without a bb data plan is just like a regular phone. How cool is that having wi-fi and not being able to use the real cool apps.

Thanks for the explanation though.

Hey dakid1982. I'll take a look at your private message and I'll let you know. Thanks for the attention.
    02-22-10 07:16 AM
    BIS is what makes a BlackBerry a BlackBerry.
    02-22-10 07:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD