i am trying to delete crunchSMS from my 8530, to no avail. i accidentally downloaded it twice, and i did manage to delete it, twice. rebooted the device, and crunchSMS is still active! i go into applications, and it still appears on my list, but at the very bottom of the list(even tho alphabetically it should be toward the top). when i go to menu-delete, it gives that message saying if i delete, it must be reinstalled at a later time if i want to use it again... fine, but the cursor is stuck in cancel, and WILL NOT move up to select delete! frickin' annoying!
    05-16-10 11:43 PM
    Well, in a fit of frustration I pressed a bunch of button, and somehow my device rebooted and completely removed crunchSMS... and it's completely gone now. Yay
    Last edited by yogi2000; 05-17-10 at 12:29 AM.
    05-17-10 12:01 AM
    Why did you want to delete it in the first place. I just downloaded it a week ago and I love the program.
    05-17-10 12:37 AM
    Why did you want to delete it in the first place. I just downloaded it a week ago and I love the program.
    well, i kind of liked it, kind of didn't. i'm not a big fan of the bubble conversation style, and i found it annoying to scroll up and down to read messages. also, i missed having ALL my messages in the one messages folder. i'm not not knocking the program, and i may try it again sometime . .
    05-17-10 12:44 AM
    i loved it too!
    best app, can't believe it's free!
    05-17-10 02:22 AM
    Haha ya I have had my 8530 less than a week and I have already had it and deletedd it twice but now I'm back with it..for now..I think I prefer it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-10 02:27 AM
    I might have to think about this app as it sounds like the messages on the storm os update lol
    05-17-10 02:35 AM
    Haha ya I have had my 8530 less than a week and I have already had it and deletedd it twice but now I'm back with it..for now..I think I prefer it

Lol, i hear ya. To me the main advantage of the app is not having to worry about the 160 character limit. But i don't really like the look of it, or the way it scrolls up and down. The update to version 2.7 was supposed to improve the scrolling, i believe, but to me it seems the same.
    05-17-10 10:55 AM
    I have crunch sms and I have a hate love relationship with the application ... I hate it because like someone else mentioned I like to have all my messages in one folder I thought about deleting it but didn't have the nerve to I love the app because it allows me to go over the 160 mark ... Oh well I will see on a later date what I come up with for now I will continue my crunch sms love hate relationship

05-17-10 12:00 PM
    Does crunch make some messages not go through..I know this morning I missed a text but idk if I would have missed it anyways..anybody notice problems with it compared to normal?

05-17-10 12:19 PM
    Does crunch make some messages not go through..I know this morning I missed a text but idk if I would have missed it anyways..anybody notice problems with it compared to normal?

i personally didn't notice any functional problems with the app. i did read someone saying that they weren't getting a message notification at the top of the screen.
    05-17-10 01:07 PM
    And.... Deleted again hahaha I can't decide..I think I like it but I'm tryin out bepopup which doesn't work with it

05-17-10 01:52 PM
    Haha, that's cool. For now I'm gonna try the regular texting app, plus Bepopup. When I upgraded the OS yesterday, Bepopup gave me another free 7-day trial(my first one had expired). I'll probably eventually buy it.

05-17-10 02:35 PM
    hmmm. . .total idiotic question, buhh what thee heck is crunch sms.??? hehe
    05-17-10 05:09 PM
    hmmm. . .total idiotic question, buhh what thee heck is crunch sms.??? hehe
    threaded text or sms..go to crunchsms.com..it pretty cool, i have about 10 friends who use it and love it..myself, i like 3jam
    05-17-10 06:42 PM
    threaded text or sms..go to crunchsms.com..it pretty cool, i have about 10 friends who use it and love it..myself, i like 3jam
    correct me if am wrong but, aint that what some of thee phones already have they're threaded.?? i know mine is. so am assuming this is for thee people that have BB's and they're sms aint threaded.??
    05-18-10 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD