Whenever I select the "Blackberry App World" icon on my phone it freezes up for a second and then just goes back as if I never selected a thing! And I cannot access Blackberry App World!! I have uninstalled it and then reinstalled it but its still doing the same thing!! Help!!
    Thanks!
    01-22-10 03:15 PM
    What OS are you on, and why wouid you want to use App World anyway?

I'm Hand Javin' baby!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-10 09:41 PM
    My operating system is up to date, I don't remember the exact number but the phone is only a couple months old! I want to use app world to download apps because I HATE using my laptop and that desktop manager! When I installed the desktop manager somehow everything screwed up!

01-23-10 01:56 PM
    Virtually every app is avaiable OTA, you shouldn't need DM for anything. If you put DM 5.0 on your system, I would recommend downgrading to 4.6, it's much better functioning. The only apps I've installed through App World are Yahoo Messenger (only place with the latest revision), and some AirCast radio stations (only place they're avaiable. Every other app I list below was either free OTA, or through the CrackBerry store OTA. There's great lists and links in the 3rd party app forum.

Right now RIM must be mucking with App World, I get a DNS error when I just tried.

Third Party:

AddOnis
    BBSmart Alarms Pro
    BerryJoose
    BerryUnitConverter
    CrackBerry Launcher (the old one)
    8 Mini Icon Hidden Dock w/Weather Slot Theme
    DocsToGo Premium
    Fixmotools
    FourSquare
    GoogleApps (the full set)
    OperaMini 4.2
    BBSmart Shortcuts
    Speedtest
    Navita (Tradutor)
    �bertwitter
    ZonaSnap
    WJR (AirCast)
    KABC (AirCast)
    Moodio (not an app per-say, but slick as heck)
    Scanner Radio

Addon:

App World (used as little as possible)
    BlackBerry Application Center
    Blackberry Maps
    Lbs Ribbon (gets BBMaps working on at&t)
    BlackBerry Messenger
    Memo Pad
    Tasks
    Windows Live Messenger
    Yahoo Messenger

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

01-23-10 02:35 PM
    Wait a second, I just notice we're on the 8100 forum. You may have just purchased it, but that device can't be up to date, unless whoever had it before upgraded it. That is an old model, I should know, until recently I used one. App World will take up a huge chunk of your precious file free memory, and the file free may be exactly why you can't run it. Take a look at your resources. To see how much memory you have, and what OS you are on, hold alt and press E A C E. You should have at least 12 million bytes free to operate properly, and the latest OS application # is 4.5.0.182. Any less file free, or an old OS and I'd recommend using my guide to get some free space avaiable, and install as few apps as needed.

I hear tell you�re doin� well,
    Good things have come to you.
    I wish I had your good-luck charm,
    And you had a do-wacka-do, wacka do, wacka-do, wacka-do.

01-23-10 02:46 PM
    Yeah I went into the wrong forum! I have a pearl 8130!sorry!

01-23-10 04:04 PM
    i don't know what is wrong with it! Its been like this for a couple weeks and everyonce an awhile I uninstall it and the reinstall it but it still does it! I tried again this afternoon and I still get the uncaught exception:net.rim.vm.stackoverflowerror which I googled and seems to be a problem with app world!

01-23-10 04:10 PM
    That problem, and many many others. Is there a particular app you're looking for? Well besides App World itself working.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

01-23-10 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD