Quick update here. Last night I uploaded two photos from my Media folder again, no issues. This, from my new Bold. I still have no idea what could be wrong doing the same from my Curve.
    01-05-10 10:51 AM
    i have that problem too and i have a curve 8300, at first i thought it was a problem with the network here in Jamaica, but apparently it's worldwide. I think anyone who figure out how to solve this problem should get a reward. Uno mek mi kno, lata!!
    01-06-10 01:17 PM
    I have had this same problem off and on for about a year. The only solution that has worked for me is to uninstall FB from my 8330, reboot, resintall and then reconfirm with facebook. There is a workaround this... remember... all mobile facebook users have their own private personal email address. go to m.facebook.com and login as usual and look at the bottom... you will see your own private and personal facebook email address. you can email your pics there. save it as a contact and just move on with life.

My other solution...which has been the best solution...ditch the blackberry and go with something else.
    01-07-10 09:13 PM
    Tried all of the above solutions & nothing.
    I too havent been able to upload pics to fb since before Christmas & now I'm even occasionally having trouble sending them to my email and forwarding emails from my bb
    wt?????
    Bueller....Bueller....Bueller...Bueller....????
    01-07-10 11:32 PM
    This worked for me. I hope it helps.

Goto Camera on the Blackberry, then click on Options. Then change Picture Size to Medium (1024 x 768). I was able to upload from my BB now.
    01-08-10 10:12 AM
    took it to verizon - they guy told me the "router table" or address was pointing to verizon. he pointed it back to ? and it worked....for about 3 times. broken 1 day later and ISO the solution...called support but it just rang. Looks like i see my guy again tomorrow.
    01-08-10 10:21 PM
    This worked for me. I hope it helps.

Goto Camera on the Blackberry, then click on Options. Then change Picture Size to Medium (1024 x 768). I was able to upload from my BB now.
    This worked for me!

I have NEVER had a problem uploading pictures until I upgraded my BB facebook app... so i'm guessing its a bug in the application where it can not optimize the photo enough for upload if the photos are set to 1600x1200. Or its Verizon and they are not allowing large photos to be uploaded.

Either way, thank you Pungee. I was getting really tired of not being able to upload photos.
    01-10-10 10:37 AM
    WTF, I hate FB for f'ing up my Tmobile Curve 8900. FB usage was the only reason i bought this extra phone, pissing me off royally.
    01-17-10 08:56 PM
    TEMPORARY SOLUTION FOUND for the "A connection cannot be established to the Facebook server": Go the web browser on your phone and login to the Facebook website normally. Go to Photos. Click on Upload Photos. There will be a unique email address provided to you by FB that you can then just add to your BB contacts and just email your photos to that address. You won't be able to tag or add comments but at least they will be on the FB site! Hope this helps. Damn you FB!!
    01-17-10 09:09 PM
    Hi everyone. I have been having the same problem and serching everywhere for the answer.So far I have had my brand new BB Curve tested and was told it was a defective device.Apparently not because they sent me a different one and this one has the same issue. Then I have tried about a million other things I have read with no luck. I'm gonna try the whole picture size thing but somehow I don't think it will work.Since this is all over the internet you would think RIM would have caught it by now.I will keep checking back and hopefully someone will stumble onto the answer.Have a good New Year all
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

01-22-10 07:04 PM
    I just wanted to say that I tried the "allow" all under applications and it didn't work but changing the size of my photos to medium did...it was driving me nuts. Thanks.
    01-25-10 01:28 PM
    Still having problems! Yuck. I'm going to have to work on this some more. Thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate it.
    01-25-10 02:57 PM
    This worked for me!

I have NEVER had a problem uploading pictures until I upgraded my BB facebook app... so i'm guessing its a bug in the application where it can not optimize the photo enough for upload if the photos are set to 1600x1200. Or its Verizon and they are not allowing large photos to be uploaded.

Either way, thank you Pungee. I was getting really tired of not being able to upload photos.

I tried everything and it didnt work, I would get the error signs and could not establish connection and etc. Until I saw the above post. change your camera settings, go to options then go down to picture size and change to medium(1027x768) all the pics i took with that setting uploaded with no problem.
    I give all credit to Pungee!!
    01-25-10 05:12 PM
    I tried everything and it didnt work, I would get the error signs and could not establish connection and etc. Until I saw the above post. change your camera settings, go to options then go down to picture size and change to medium(1027x768) all the pics i took with that setting uploaded with no problem.
    I give all credit to Pungee!!
    I changed the siize of the pictures I took from 1600x1200 to 1027x768, but I still can't upload them. Does anyone know if this only works for any new pictures taken after changing the camera setting or if we can change the size of pictures and then try to upload them? I'm just trying to see if anyone got this to work this way. Thanks!

I really wish they would fix this!
    01-27-10 03:12 PM
    i have been going through all these fixes and workarounds for weeks. i was able to upload one photo and then back to "cannot establish connection w/ server" errors. not very satisfying for all the effort i have put in.

if RIM doesn't get it together quick this will be my last BB.
    02-15-10 05:51 PM
    ok, after sticking with this it seems i finally solved the prob thanks to one of the other 10 million threads on this topic.

Go to : Options > Advanced Options > Service Books > Highlight * " IPPP for 5 Click [IPPP] press BB menu then delete.

seems to be working for now...
    02-16-10 12:18 PM
    I had the same problem on my curve. I downloaded the bolt browser from crackberry apps and you can actually access the facebook web page there. Uploading photos is still a bit tricky but I uploaded photos yesterday that I had been trying unsuccessfully for weeks. I had to click on the add more photos link in the desired album and then click on the "simple uploader" link at the bottom of the page. Works great!

02-27-10 09:57 AM
    I've also tried every method listed in this thread, and it still doesn't work.

I will now completely un-install FB, then re-install it. I'll post my results when I'm done.
    03-04-10 05:25 PM
    Nope, re-installing FB did not work...
    03-04-10 06:58 PM
    Ok here we are 5 months later and we still only upload one pic at a time to FB....someone mentioned a work order or something to RIM since this s not an isolated issue...how do we do that?????
    05-04-10 10:17 AM
    Guys, do me a favor and go to Options >Advanced Options >Applications. Find and highlight the Facebook application >Hit Menu >Edit Default Permissions. Make sure all three are set to "Allow'. Save changes. Now see if you can upload pics...
    I just tried this. When I got to the Options, all 3 were already set to "Allow". So I hit the menu again, and choose "Restore Defaults" (or something like that, I forget the exact wording). I saved the "changes" and I was able to upload a photo!!

Cautiously optomistic that this was the "fix" I needed!

ETA: HMMMM.... nope... the pics are GONE.... this is weird... back to the drawing board!

ETAA: OK... the picture I took and immediately uploaded is there. but I had some "existing" pictures that I tried to upload, and they're not on FB PC. sigh
    Last edited by DubyaEl; 05-04-10 at 05:36 PM.
    05-04-10 03:12 PM
    bump with an update... took a pic @ the gym tonight and tried to immediately upload to FB - no joy.... so, I got one, count 'em ONE picture uploaded today, of the FIVE I wanted to upload! Is anyone (non-crackberrians) out there listening to us???
    05-04-10 08:05 PM
    LAME! All I want to do is put up a stupid picture from my phone. It just must be way too complex of a fix...
    06-24-10 03:22 PM
    I haven't been able to upload a picture for the past few months.

Before that, only about 1 out of 5 or 6 tries would work. Now, it's erroring out every time.
    06-24-10 05:38 PM
    I had this same problem. However, I recently updated my OS and I suddenly was able to upload photos.
    06-24-10 06:42 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD