Hi CrackBerryans! Ok, so here's my issue. For the past few days I cannot upload photos from my BB to Facebook using RIM's app. When I try to, I get the album list, I choose the correct one, and it seems like it has transferred. But, when I go to FB on my PC, I don't see the photo on my account. It has worked fine in the most current and previous versions. I noticed this happening at least since Sunday.

I have tried several times with no success. Today I got a notification from within the FB app that says that "there was an error uploading this photo". This message had not appeared until today.

Has anyone experienced this? Does this have any relationship with the 12/23 outage? I have not deleted and reinstalled FB yet, BTW.

Thanks for any tips you may have!
    12-29-09 10:38 PM
    I have found if have any characters other than plain text it doesn't seem to upload? Been able to upload just the photo & then if want to add any text have just added it on net later on if wanted to; dunno if that's just me or not tho.
    12-29-09 11:26 PM
    I have had the same problem. I'm pretty sure I've seen other regarding inability to upload from FB Mobile - I'm searching the forums now and this thread is one of the threads returned by a "facebook" forum search. I'll post back if I find out anything else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 10:23 AM
    Hi CrackBerryans! Ok, so here's my issue. For the past few days I cannot upload photos from my BB to Facebook using RIM's app. When I try to, I get the album list, I choose the correct one, and it seems like it has transferred. But, when I go to FB on my PC, I don't see the photo on my account. It has worked fine in the most current and previous versions. I noticed this happening at least since Sunday.

I have tried several times with no success. Today I got a notification from within the FB app that says that "there was an error uploading this photo". This message had not appeared until today.

Has anyone experienced this? Does this have any relationship with the 12/23 outage? I have not deleted and reinstalled FB yet, BTW.

Thanks for any tips you may have!
    I have the exact same problem on my 8330 on VZW.

Jeff
    12-30-09 10:39 AM
    Hi - I have the exact same problem. I'm sorry I have no answers for this yet, but I just wanted to post so I could follow along on this thread in case someone comes up with a solution. I will certainly post back if I find a solution myself. I was able to upload photos from my phone for a while, but when I updated my FB application on my phone is when the problem seemed to start. I'm not sure what the version is - but I know it's the most recent one. I even tried to reinstall it today, but it didn't seem to fix the problem. Every time I try to upload a pic from my BB Curve (8330) to FB I get a message back with a red 'x' saying, "There was an error uploading this photo."

Happy New Year, Y'all!
    S
    12-30-09 03:44 PM
    I've had the same issue since a few days before Christmas but figured it was either a residual glitch after that major outage or due to the fact I hadn't upgraded to the most recent FB release - as a result I installed the upgrade and am still unable to get any pics uploaded via FB Mobile for BB.

Not sure if it is related but it seems to take an awfully long time to populate lists of friends and I am regularly getting an error message about being unable to establish a connection with FB even while Newsfeed & Status Updates are coming through.

ETA: Curve 8330m on Sprint for those reading this via WAP
    12-30-09 03:48 PM
    Guys, do me a favor and go to Options >Advanced Options >Applications. Find and highlight the Facebook application >Hit Menu >Edit Default Permissions. Make sure all three are set to "Allow'. Save changes. Now see if you can upload pics...
    12-30-09 03:52 PM
    SCORE! I Just figured out a possible solution - This worked for me, I just did it and successfully added a mobile upload to my FB from my Curve for the first time in weeks. I found the solution on another thread, so I have to give credit to another CrackBerry Newbie for posting the solution. (Thank you, Merryker54) Here's the link to the thread:
    forums.crackberry.com/f35/facebook-picture-uploading-issues-solved-me-might-help-you-384816/[/url]

Here is the copy/pasted post this person made just in case there's an issue with this link:

"Merryker54
    CrackBerry Newbie
    Device Model: 8830
    Carrier: AT&T/Cingular

Facebook picture uploading issues solved for me, might help you!
    I have been searching around for days trying to find a way to fix my photo uploading issues with facebook. I've seen many related issues to mine, apparently it seems to be with the v1.5, v1.6 and v1.7. I tried all of the advice everyone had on ways to try and fix it, and while it seemed to work for a few, never for mine. I finally found a fix, for me anways. I went on the actual pc facebook page, went to settings, and then mobile settings and reregistered my phone again. They ask you to send "F" to 32665 as a text and it sends back a confirmation code, you then enter that on the pc site as part of the registration and it will send you back a message saying you are confirmed. Now I had already done this a while back, but I figured I'd give it a whirl seeing as nothing else has been working, and it worked! I don't know how or why, but I am able to send pictures to fb again using the fb app and straight from my media folder! I hope this helps anyone who has been experiencing the same problem! Good luck!!"
    12-30-09 04:37 PM
    no la...my current service provider has not supported by Facebook at this time...it doesn't appeared in the listing mobile setting..so how??? i'm looking way forward to resolve this issue..no point to have FB Apps in my BB without utilising it.
    12-30-09 07:49 PM
    Thanks for the tip, Merrymaker. I went through the process you described, got the registration code but get the same message - "There was an error uploading this photo." I'm also on a Curve with AT&T and noticed the picture failure upload maybe a week before Christmas.
    Last edited by OctaneBoy; 12-30-09 at 11:05 PM.
    12-30-09 11:03 PM
    The last pic I uploaded from my BlackBerry was on December 19; next time I tried was Christmas Day with no joy then or since. Have tried all the suggestions in this thread.

12-30-09 11:36 PM
    Same here jbeachy...the workaround nor setting all 3 permissions to "Allow" helped.

12-31-09 01:39 PM
    Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions people!

Guys, do me a favor and go to Options >Advanced Options >Applications. Find and highlight the Facebook application >Hit Menu >Edit Default Permissions. Make sure all three are set to "Allow'. Save changes. Now see if you can upload pics...
    I tried your suggestion, and it did not help. I then reset my FB email address, and was able to send a photo via email, no problem there.

I just tried resending a photo from my Media folder, and it does not show on FB. I got on my BB a message saying "a connection cannot be established to the Facebook server". Also, a notification saying there was an error uploading this photo.

I guess a service request to RIM is in order, as this is not an isolated issue.

Keep posting whatever you try to get this fixed! Have a great new year's celebration!
    12-31-09 03:09 PM
    Resending service books from TMO has not helped either...
    12-31-09 03:36 PM
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I've been livid with my phone for about 2 weeks now and it was driving me crazy! THANK YOU SO MUCH for this fix... works like a CHARM!!!!
    12-31-09 09:15 PM
    this thing never works for me
    12-31-09 11:59 PM
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I've been livid with my phone for about 2 weeks now and it was driving me crazy! THANK YOU SO MUCH for this fix... works like a CHARM!!!!
    I just did this and sent a pic to FB with no problem. Kewl. Thanks.
    01-01-10 08:35 AM
    i've been through everything mentioned, and nothing has worked.
    01-01-10 11:40 AM
    I am still getting the message "A connection coannot be established to the facebook server" I loaded to pics and the other 5 wont go thru just comes up with the whole server issue.. I am getting pissy with it lol
    01-01-10 11:59 AM
    Well dang.... uploaded one photo before midnight and then tried to upload photos after midnight and only one will go through.

I am still getting the message "A connection coannot be established to the facebook server" I loaded to pics and the other 5 wont go thru just comes up with the whole server issue.. I am getting pissy with it lol
    DITTO!!! This is the SAME message!

Maybe Facebook can't handle all the NYE uploads?
    01-01-10 12:01 PM
    I have had this issue on and off. It seems like the pictures uploaded but when i go into the app and check notifications it says error. I have resorted to doing mobile uploads from facebook.com.
    01-01-10 07:28 PM
    Anyone care to speculate on what the problem with uploading via the app is? It's quite aggravating

Jeff
    01-01-10 09:45 PM
    Running v4.5.0.174 on a Curve 8310, trying to use FB app v1.7.0.22

Can't remember last time I uploaded a saved image from BB to FB using app, however when I tried to upload a saved pic during the afternoon of New Year's Eve, it failed. Received the 'A connection cannot be established to the Facebook server' others have mentioned, and chocked it up to congestion. Have tried to resend pic over the past few days, and I'm still having same problem today.

Using the FB app itself to upload 'live' pics using the camera seems to work fine, with pics being uploaded within a minute or so. However same connection problem seems to exist if you try and send through native camera interface and select 'Send to Facebook'.

Have tried pulling the battery, reinstalling, have set all app permissions to 'allow', and have re-activated phone on FB site, all without change to problem of uploading saved pics.
    01-03-10 02:02 PM
    Ok, here's my update. I got a Bold yesterday, and just now I uploaded a pic I took last night. I did it from the Media folder, and it showed in FB right away.

I have no idea as to what is wrong with uploading, other than I did it from an OS5 device.

01-03-10 03:29 PM
    Hola everyone!!
    Okay.. I tried both suggestions and still my photos would not upload.
    THEN I did the above again, but instead of choosing ALLOW, I put them back at DEFAULT. This worked for me.
    Try it, you can always put it back on ALLOW!!!
    Thanks for the help everyone!!! You are the best!
    Buenos dias,
    Lynnette
    01-04-10 11:11 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD