Hey guys,

So i installed a new firmware a couple months ago and restored my apps using BBSAK. Yesterday google maps asked me if I wanted to update my google maps and I asked for an update. In doing so, it asked me if I wanted to overwrite the module "BBSAK: Google maps" and I said ok. And then, it deleted all my applications and installed google maps. So my question is, how do I update apps that have been restored using BBSAK? When I go to application center, i have an application called BBSAK backup.
    05-09-11 09:56 PM
    First, delete the BBSAK Backup app in your applications list. I have no idea why BBSAK does that (restores your apps as one single app), it's been that way for a while now. It's so dumb and I don't know why they would even release the software to people with it like that.

When you go to restore your apps, click the "Modify CODs" tab in BBSAK. Then click the "Install CODs" button. Navigate to your cod's of your apps, highlight them all, and click Install.

The default place for your BBSAK backups are Computer> C drive> Program Files> BBSAK> Backup
    05-09-11 10:08 PM
    I see. Can I install multiple COD's at once? Also there is a cod for bb app world and fb, do I also have to install that? They are labelled net_rim_bb_appworld and there are two of those (one appworld, one resource_en) and 4 facebook cod's
    05-09-11 10:21 PM
    I always highlight every single app in that backup folder when I restore them, and don't have any issues with them installing. I usually do all the RIM cod's that are included in there too, I suppose if you already have those apps installed it's not needed, but it won't hurt. If you're running any of the leaked or beta versions of AppWorld or Facebook (or any RIM app) then you should NOT install those cod's.
    05-09-11 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD