I am desperately trying to get Google Sync to work. It just won't. I have set all the permissions to allow. Enabled the firewall, disabled the firewall, rest the phone, removed the battery, uninstalled google sync, reinstalled google sync. I have tried everything I have read about here and on every other forum I can find. Please, someone give the magic tip.
    11-11-09 01:27 AM
    Are you on a BIS or a BES?

What OS version is on the device?
    11-11-09 06:35 AM
    I am not on a BES. I am assuming I am not on a BIS, since I don't know what it is. My OS is 4.5.

Upon installation I run sync and it will sync my contacts, but says sync failed when trying to sync the calendar. I really don't care to sync my contacts but want to share calendars with my husband (who doesn't have a blackberry yet). I want to make sure we can do thins to manage our family better by sharing calendars (tasks would be nice to, but I guess I will have to work around this).
    11-11-09 10:14 AM
    Finally stumbled upon a fix with a tip from my verizon rep. When I got a google calendar I signed up for a google account but no gmail account. So my user name in google was still *****@ymail.com. This worked fine to access my google calendar on my mac or laptop PC. My verizon suggested I get a gmail account and , set it as the default email on the curve and move my calendar there. I was desperately hoping it would work. It did not. I was about to throw in the towel when I just started banging away at every feature/property/tool with hopes of coming across some box unchecked on my curve and came across the defaults screen. My default email was the gmail, but default calendar was still ******@ymail.com. One I made the change all was well. Yippeeee!
    11-11-09 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD