I updated my 9700 last week to BB6, and all is working fine. Apps work, website work etc.

However, today I tried to download appworld and it just stays on the 'Please wait while appworld is installed...' and gets nowhere.

I have also tried to update Twitter today, and this also hangs on the downloading screen?

I have rebooted and still nothing??
    02-23-11 11:05 AM
    How long did you wait while appworld was being installed ?

Sounds to me like you stopped the installation process
    02-23-11 11:26 AM
    This is actually a message in the browser, it doesn't actually download or install anything.

Does the same with appworld and twitter app update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

02-23-11 11:49 AM
    I know the message is on the browser and after you "wait while appworld is installed" it re-boots
    02-23-11 12:16 PM
    Well it's been sitting on that screen now for about 30 minutes and it's doing nothing.

The same thing happened earlier when trying to update Twitter, it just sat on that screen for ages and did nothing.
    02-23-11 12:49 PM
    using WIFI or data plan ?
    02-23-11 01:11 PM
    WiFi, I have tried today on the network at work and now at home, still the same.

I have now installed appworld via the website and my computer, but now for some reason Facebook and BerryWeather will not work. They load but do not connect to refresh.

Could that be a related problem?
    02-23-11 01:16 PM
    WiFi, I have tried today on the network at work and now at home, still the same.

I have now installed appworld via the website and my computer, but now for some reason Facebook and BerryWeather will not work. They load but do not connect to refresh.

Could that be a related problem?
    Have you tried re-registering the Host Routing Table? Can't remember off the top of my head how it's done in OS6, hopefully someone can chime in with that tidbit. Sounds to me that might be your issue, that or you need to resend service books.

02-23-11 02:11 PM
    Have you tried re-registering the Host Routing Table? Can't remember off the top of my head how it's done in OS6, hopefully someone can chime in with that tidbit. Sounds to me that might be your issue, that or you need to resend service books.

Options, type in host click Host Routing Table, menu > Register Now. All else fails, call your carrier. I sense incorrect provisioning. If you're on BES, contact your IT person.

02-24-11 10:34 PM
    I'm assuming no changes to the OP's account so how would ther be "incorrect provisioning"? Hmmm...

Re-register routing tables and re-push service books. Battery pull and see. If those items don't work call your carrier's customer support line. Might be an issue on THEIR end and not yours.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

02-24-11 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD