An app that I am trying to remove is really persistent. I downloaded it through app world, but did not like it so I removed it by deleting it without using app world. (mistake)

Afterward, I reinstalled app world since it got deleted too, but after restoring it, the app I was trying to remove shows up in my world as an archived application. I then again tried to delete it through app world, but after selecting delete, nothing happened.

There must be something wrong.. :[

I've already tried deleting the archived folder from the device memory but it did not do anything.
    11-30-09 01:32 AM
    Nearly the same thing happened when I tried to delete patternlock from my BB. It showed as an archived app in my downloads folder. I deleted app world and then did an immediate restart and that seemed to rid myself of the archive file. I would try deleting app world again but before you restart hit the menu button on the archived icon and select delete. Then do a battery pull or restart. Hope that works for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-09 07:32 AM
    You have to go to app world -> my world to completely remove stuff you downloaded from app world.

Choose delete instead of archive in my world.

An app that I am trying to remove is really persistent. I downloaded it through app world, but did not like it so I removed it by deleting it without using app world. (mistake)

Afterward, I reinstalled app world since it got deleted too, but after restoring it, the app I was trying to remove shows up in my world as an archived application. I then again tried to delete it through app world, but after selecting delete, nothing happened.

There must be something wrong.. :[

I've already tried deleting the archived folder from the device memory but it did not do anything.
    11-30-09 08:31 AM
    tried everything and its still there. I don't feel like doing a reinstall of the os. haha. what to do..
    12-02-09 01:49 AM
    Go to app world >my world then hold down the !?123 key till it locks then push in sequence 34(

Mine took a few minutes b4 it came back. If it locks up for to long pull the battery. That should solve it. Had the same problem a week ago.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by CMtime; 12-02-09 at 03:02 AM.
    12-02-09 02:50 AM
    Thank you soo much!

the 34( key finally worked. I didnt know how to press that before. :]
    12-02-09 03:35 AM
    Am I missing something or am is upposed to hold down all 5 keys at the same time? --- ? ! 1 2 3
    12-15-09 02:26 PM
    Am I missing something or am is upposed to hold down all 5 keys at the same time? --- ? ! 1 2 3
    haha you press the button that allows you to type numbers down for 2 sec. so that it locks, then you type 34(
    12-15-09 02:40 PM
    App world is the place to delete em lol.

It took me a bit to figure this out too... I told it to delete the archived app, and then it ended up deleting App World... Kinda sucked. Then I figured out that you have you have to delete them IN app world... kinda stupid if you ask me...
    12-15-09 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD