Just wondering if anybody knew of a way to save Slackers cache stations on OS upgrades. I just recently updated the OS and noticed that I had to re-cache all my stations which was a pain in the ****. So if anyone knows how that be cool because I'm planning on upgrading my OS again.

Thanks
    03-12-09 04:15 AM
    You can try removing your SD card before updating. My guess is that during the process of backing up, deleting and then restoring 3rd party apps, your log in settings for Slacker are lost. So when you log in again, you have to recache your stations.
    03-12-09 07:19 AM
    Just wondering if anybody knew of a way to save Slackers cache stations on OS upgrades. I just recently updated the OS and noticed that I had to re-cache all my stations which was a pain in the ****. So if anyone knows how that be cool because I'm planning on upgrading my OS again.

Thanks
    When u upgraded the OS, did u wipe the device using JL_Cmder ? Or just upgrade over the prior OS? Correct me if I'm wrong but if I remember correctly, it would only do this if u wiped the device 1st....loading new OS directly over the old OS didn't cause this issue....or maybe I'm dreaming, LOL
    03-12-09 08:37 AM
    Wipe device with JL
    03-12-09 10:11 AM
    I installed the new OS over the old one. Didn't do a fresh wipe with JL or anything. Also, the cache is still on the sd card but slacker says that it doesn't recognize it and i have to delete it so i can recache. How would i go about installing a new OS by wiping the device with JL first? I've just been installing new OS directly over the previous.

Thanks
    03-12-09 06:36 PM
    03-12-09 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD