I"ve been researching this and all the posts I see are from early last year, so I was wonderign if RIM maybe fixed this in a software update by now. I"m lining up apps to get once I get my 8900 and I came across aerize loader. So I was wondering do I need to purchase this app also or can you now do this on a BB
    01-18-09 02:49 PM
    If I understand your question correctly, you can save attachments to the media card without any problems. DocsToGo allows you to open Microsoft Office documents and Explore lets you view most formats.

The tough one remains PDF documents. There are work arounds, but it messy.

The 8900 comes with plenty of memory, 256 Mb plus what you have installed in the media card. There will be little benifit in Aerize loader.

01-18-09 02:55 PM
    you can save apps to the media card with aerize card loader!!!!you can find it in the crackberry app store try it out for free for seven days
    01-18-09 03:09 PM
    you can save apps to the media card with aerize card loader!!!!you can find it in the crackberry app store try it out for free for seven days

ok, yeh I was wondering if I needed to card loader to save apps to the card. so pdf's isn't easily viewable? thats surprising, with blackberry being widely used in business it seems microsoft office docs and pdf would easily be supported
    01-18-09 03:16 PM
    I've used this app on my older 8120. It loads and unloads apps from the media card onto the internal memory. You can't run apps directly from the media card like Windows Mobile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 03:20 PM
    What about beamreader. Works great for PDFs, also the full version of D2G will read PDF's - right?
    01-18-09 03:20 PM
    ok, yeh I was wondering if I needed to card loader to save apps to the card. so pdf's isn't easily viewable? thats surprising, with blackberry being widely used in business it seems microsoft office docs and pdf would easily be supported
    You can view pdfs as email attachments but saving them to the Media Card is not possible easily with the delivered software. As Reed correctly points out, DocsToGo will allow saving of Word, PowerPoint and Excel (if you register and download the free update) but PDF ToGo is a paid for application and is a part of DocsToGo Premium at about $69, I think.

In you OP you seemed to think that RIM does not allow email attachment saving and application storage on the Media Card. This is not an accident. It is part of the Blackberry OS design philosophy. RIM's main market is in the corporate sectore and this market is more interested in security than to allow email attachment saving to insecure meida and so does not allow this as standard.

Remeber that BES can remotely wipe a BlackBerry should it become lost or stolen. RIM is very serious about data security indeed.
    01-18-09 03:26 PM
    I"m just used to saving my apps to my sd card on my windows mobile phone. (which I hate because it runs painfully slow) so I figure saving to my SD would help my BB run faster, I don't know though because I have never owned a blackberry and this will be my first.
    01-18-09 03:34 PM
    I"m just used to saving my apps to my sd card on my windows mobile phone. (which I hate because it runs painfully slow) so I figure saving to my SD would help my BB run faster, I don't know though because I have never owned a blackberry and this will be my first.
    Keeping stuff off your phone (or any computer) will generally make it run a bt faster. The 8900 has a fairly fast processor and 256Mb memory. The more it has to do, the slower it goes. In fact the internal memory is a lot faster access than the microSD card that is used as a Media Card

I found another PDF reader at $19.95 SLG Mobile, Inc. I have never used t though as I bought DocsToGo Premium before this one was released.
    01-18-09 03:47 PM
    The PDF reader bt SLG Mobile is BeamReader. It's no longer a Beta application. It costs $19.99, but you can get it for $9.99 with a discount code.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 05:45 PM
    and this to save pdf files to the BB? so you can get em as an attachment, you can't save them without a pdf viewer right?
    01-18-09 05:52 PM
    OS 4.5 allows you to save PDF files to your SDcard. You just can't view them later from your SDcard without a native PDF reader such as BeamReader, Repligo Reader, or PDF To Go. The native Blackberry PDF readers can only view PDF's when they are attached to an Email. The other 3 can do both.
    01-18-09 06:00 PM
    got it, I should be fine with just viewing it in an email attachment tho, I haven't had a time yet where I needed one. Can you log into your email through the BB browser and download pdf there if the email is no longer on your BB
    01-18-09 07:43 PM
    BeamReader kicks *** for PDF's, especially at the price.
    01-18-09 07:46 PM
    I'm using BeamReader and like it alot, it loads PDFs fast and you have pretty good control over the view with zoom. The sw runs good on my BB and I've been happy with the purchase.
    01-25-09 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD